New member and visiting soon!

ktczim

Feb 9, 2018
Greetings everyone!I'm Karen from Canada. So delighted to have been shown this forum. What a great way to get the in's and out's on the DR. Great job! I'm visiting Samana at the end of the month (it's - 20C here so can hardly wait:) and looking for a reputable, reasonably priced lawyer that can set up an LLC for me. Can anyone provide me with the name/email address/website address for someone they have used for similar and been happy with please?

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Welcome.

We have a legal forum, with a resident forum lawyer, might be best to post that as a separate thread there.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Greetings everyone!I'm Karen from Canada. So delighted to have been shown this forum. What a great way to get the in's and out's on the DR. Great job! I'm visiting Samana at the end of the month (it's - 20C here so can hardly wait:) and looking for a reputable, reasonably priced lawyer that can set up an LLC for me. Can anyone provide me with the name/email address/website address for someone they have used for similar and been happy with please?

This gentleman is very reliable. He works for Guzman Ariza in Las Terrenas. I don't honestly know if he is still there. It's been a couple of years since my transaction. His name is Juan D. Moreno. His e-mail is: jmoreno@drlawyer.com. You can probably find him on-line. Good luck.

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
Welcome ; I also am Canadian with business interests in RD...... good luck and may you prosper.

Russell

ktczim

Feb 9, 2018
Thank you Riva! I love your country too and am hoping to make it my home (at least half the year) - soon!

ktczim

Feb 9, 2018
Thanks Russell! How long have you been in the DR, whereabouts, and may I ask what line of business? I'd like to get into the tourism but reviewing all the docs and it seems the govt wants an extraordinary amount of money held as guarantee and insurance on top:(

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Thanks Russell! How long have you been in the DR, whereabouts, and may I ask what line of business? I'd like to get into the tourism but reviewing all the docs and it seems the govt wants an extraordinary amount of money held as guarantee and insurance on top:(

Yes, for big projects, not sure what kind of business you are trying to develop, but in big projects need invest a lot money.