Left paradise

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
My family and I finally did it, left DR last week and are in Europe right now. Apparently next week we will have -15 degrees Celsius....:surprised

I didn't hate DR (all the time), we had 8 great years we are thankful for, but with 4 children decided Holland will probably suit us better. 

DR however will always be part of life, even if it's because I am keeping my job and will have to travel to DR regularly. 

Last edited:

ramy

Dec 16, 2007
Heel veel geluk in Holland, misschien wel beter, dat de kinderen daar op school gaan.
Natuurlijk zal je de DR missen, maar je moest een keuze maken, en dat is goed.

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
Paradise is where the heart takes you... the rest is window dressing.

Enjoy the cool air and please teach kids to skate.

Russell

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
Paradise is where the heart takes you... the rest is window dressing.

Enjoy the cool air and please teach kids to skate.

Russell

They learn that real quick there. The video is of my daughter after one week of learning how to skate during her first winter here.
[video=youtube;0I82zz3OaRQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0I82zz3OaRQ[/video]

jimmythegreek

Bronze
Dec 4, 2008
My family and I finally did it, left DR last week and are in Europe right now. Apparently next week we will have -15 degrees Celsius....:surprised

I didn't hate DR (all the time), we had 8 great years we are thankful for, but with 4 children decided Holland will probably suit us better. 

DR however will always be part of life, even if it's because I am keeping my job and will have to travel to DR regularly. 

I love this part-'I didn't hate DR (all the time).....'

Sounds fairly par for the course here. Most have this experience.

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe

We did the same thing in december, though our daughter will finish some courses there. We live in Antwerpen now, totally happy. All the best! Prepare for the Elfstedentocht :)

potus

Dec 27, 2015

Well done.......your kids will be greatful one day.......I hope to do likewise after the schoolyear.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
You won't regret it............ save la rep dom for retirement..... no place for foreigners to raise kids (just my two pesos)

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
Good luck. I've been gone for 2 years. Can't say I miss it. Wife had a novio while we where there, we spent way too much money. That place is better left for vacation.

janlindy

Mar 8, 2011
A new adventure is waiting for you. have a great time. Thanks for all your advice.. Best of Luck.