Venezuelan Immigration to the DR

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Dominican Woman: "Venezuelans are a plague here, leave!!!"

A Dominican woman (the one with the white pants) humiliated two Venezuelans (the woman with a Venezuelan flag and the guy with the pink shirt) that curiously were doing an experiment in Parque Colón to see if there's xenophobia in the DR. They were selling Venezuelan food and everything was going fine until they found what they were looking for.

She kept asking them that if they have their own country, why do they have to move to the DR? She told them to go back to their country and the leave the DR alone, that they are an undesirable plague in the DR.

[video=youtube;VVnHePRKvhc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVnHePRKvhc[/video]

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
The full video:

[video=youtube;Qz8C2A8t2oI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qz8C2A8t2oI[/video]

JasonD

Bronze
Feb 10, 2018
Makes no sense coming from people that have relatives everywhere living as immigrants?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Most of the Venezuelans I have come across in Colombia are hard working and have a decent education. They just have zero opportunities back home and forced to survive.

Dominicans would be no match for plague of Venezuelans, on many levels. jaja

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
People like the woman in the white pants are the true plague. Ignorant masses. DR and elsewhere.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
First of all, the majority of Venezuelans here have overstayed their visa and are working. If you really want to make sure you get deported, overstay your visa and work. Many Venezuelans already have been deported.

Many of these Venezuelans are undercutting Dominicans like in this case selling arepas. This has nothing to do with xenophobia. It has to do with illegal immigrants taking jobs away from poor Dominicans.

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
It's not a real video, just a test to see the reaction of other Dominicans in the area.. and the reaction was positive since the Dominican was defending the Venezuelans..

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
First of all, the majority of Venezuelans here have overstayed their visa and are working. If you really want to make sure you get deported, overstay your visa and work. Many Venezuelans already have been deported.

Many of these Venezuelans are undercutting Dominicans like in this case selling arepas. This has nothing to do with xenophobia. It has to do with illegal immigrants taking jobs away from poor Dominicans.

And vice versa...Dominicans do the same in other countries. I understand what your point is but this problem is widespread just not the DR.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
It's not a real video, just a test to see the reaction of other Dominicans in the area.. and the reaction was positive since the Dominican was defending the Venezuelans..

What? She wasn't defending them, she was telling them to go home.

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012

And so calling an entire group of people, based on their nationality, a "plague" is not xenophobic?

bonao99

Jun 11, 2005
I think that the girl wearing white jean is part of the group and is playing the instigator role.
look fake to me.

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
Disagree. Who goes up to a group of people and starts telling them they are plague because the individual "over-reacted", are "insensitive", or have "bad taste"? Just sounds like poor excuses to me.

I'm surprised this is the first video of aggression toward Venezuelans to surface. It certainly will not be the last considering the lack of education and yes, xenophobia that is present in the DR.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Disagree. Who goes up to a group of people and starts telling them they are plague because the individual "over-reacted", are "insensitive", or have "bad taste"? Just sounds like poor excuses to me.

I'm surprised this is the first video of aggression toward Venezuelans to surface. It certainly will not be the last considering the lack of education and yes, xenophobia that is present in the DR.

Total baloney!

bonao99

Jun 11, 2005
Most dominicans and 100% of the men!!! are in favor of venezuelan, colombian immigration ( blancos, cabello bueno, somehow more educated)
What they dont want is more Haitians. My observation

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
Total baloney!

Right, sorry. Such baloney! She has every right to behave that way, and needs no excuse for her model behaviour.

There is no lack of education nor xenophobia in the DR. None. Zero. You're a troll and I'm not feeding you any further. Adios muchacho.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Right, sorry. Such baloney! She has every right to behave that way, and needs no excuse for her model behaviour.

There is no lack of education nor xenophobia in the DR. None. Zero. You're a troll and I'm not feeding you any further. Adios muchacho.

You're obviously totally clueless and don't know what the definition of xenophobia is. I hope you keep your promise and I don't hear from you any further. Hasta la vista baby!

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
I think that the girl wearing white jean is part of the group and is playing the instigator role.
look fake to me.

LOL, you got it........... if you watch the second full length video you will see that the lady in the white pants is in on the joke.

The whole thing was staged...............