reputable HIV/STD testing centre in santiago

rogerramjet1

Sep 10, 2015
would someone kindly recommend to me
a reputable HIV/STD testing centre in santiago.

Address, Hours of operation. cost for HIV, Chlamydia,Herpes,Gonorrhea testing. Approximate pricing with no insurance.

thanks

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
It's probably the best lab on the island, and they do the full range of STI's.

Not in Higuey. When we lived there I had some tests (not for HIV / STD though) done and they mixed up my results with somebody else.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Labreferencias will also give you a login if you request one to let you see the results on line for all testing, except for HIV. By law that has to be picked up in person.

rogerramjet1

Sep 10, 2015
Labreferencias will also give you a login if you request one to let you see the results on line for all testing, except for HIV. By law that has to be picked up in person.

How much money will it cost me if i use this lab for the battery of tests?

rogerramjet1

Sep 10, 2015
must you see a medical doctor first and have him sign a referral to this LAB. OR can you go to the LAD and they will do it based on your request

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
Syphillis test is VDRL, Sometimes the gonorrhea test is a NAAT

I like Garcia and Garcia in Santiago.

You can get an HIV and Hepatitis test for free in most public clinics, it may also be free in some regular labs. There is a big push for people to get tested. The other tests run between 200-600 pesos per test depending on the lab.

You do not need a reference for these tests. You only need a referral if you are going to use insurance.

rogerramjet1

Sep 10, 2015
must you see a medical doctor first and have him sign a referral to this LAB. OR can you go to the LAD and they will do it based on your request

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
Dude. NO. You do not need to see a doctor first. Just walk in and tell them you've had questionable relationships and need to get checked out.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Many people do this testing before they start relationships...

not a bad thing, the idea

If he/she won't submit to testing.........embrace life
sure as hell they know their health status....

if they don't......

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
Unfortunately many STDs are asymptomatic and people don’t get checked because they’re symptom free. HIV can take 6 months to appear in blood work. Scary stuff, best of luck at the lab. Be smart.