Santiago to Cap haitien

rogerramjet1

Sep 10, 2015
I have decided to go by bus

from santiago i am familiar with caribe tours and the DR.

Please could you state how to get there exactly, time it will take from santiago.
What happens at the border. Do we stay on the caribe bus or swap to another Haitian bus to get to CH

thx

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Why not just skip it all together and spend
this Sunday in Parque Duarte :cheeky::cheeky::cheeky:?

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com
you buy your ticket at CT Las Colinas station. I think bus leaves around 12 noon.
At the border they do the paperwork for you (you give them your passport at the start of the journey) but you have to get off the bus to go through immigration and then back onto the same bus.
Money changer will get on the bus at this point so you can change money to the local gourd....fair rates.

CH is a cool place....enjoy

SomebodySmart

Oct 24, 2015
I have decided to go by bus

from santiago i am familiar with caribe tours and the DR.

Please could you state how to get there exactly, time it will take from santiago.
What happens at the border. Do we stay on the caribe bus or swap to another Haitian bus to get to CH

thx

More recent info: Caribe Tours does not go there. You can take Caribe Tours or Expreso Liniero from Santiago to Dajabón. They used to drop at the corner of Gaston Deligne and route 45 but they also recently stopped that. There are many men offering rides on their motorcycles for a fee and these do exchange money also.

You will need to explain that you must stop at Dominican aduana, because many persons simply walk from one city to the other and there are no formalities if you are not going beyond the border town. You will need a Dominican exit stamp because the Haitians will check for it. Then when you cross the bridge on the motorcycle, you will need to detour to the Haitian port to get your passport stamped again. The fees were US $20.00 to the Dominican port to leave Dominicana, and a choice of 600 gourdes or US $7 to enter Haiti.

The bus depot is too far to walk especially with any luggage so you will need a ride. The guy quoted me 50 gourdes. It was a considerable ride through the streets of Ouanaminthe. That is less than one US dollar. Consider tipping if you can afford it. The guy put my luggage on the handlebars and I rode without a helmet.

Then leaving Haiti the fee was US $10 to the Haitian port and I was not charged anything at the Dominican port because I have the residencia.

mofongoloco

Silver
Feb 7, 2013
Did you come back on the same calendar day or did you stay overnight? Did it "reset" the 30 day limit?