Border Drones

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
https://www.diariolibre.com/noticia...eriza-con-dispositivos-electronicos-DN9285225

Those who have read this forum for many years will recall a light hearted episode between various posters and PICHARDO over his mention of use of drones to police the Haitian border with posts/requests for photographs.

Well the wait is over and we see what they look like in todays Diario Libre article as above.

Will have to wait an see if this works. I doubt it as they have been using drones on the US southern border for a few years now. Also there is the maintenance problem.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
A half measure too small. I would think they could work out a deal with the US to put Reaper drones on the border. They seem to be flying on both the northern and southern borders in the US these days. Much better cameras and flight times.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Hmmm.  That's a bit of a worry.  I've never heard any NOTAMs (Notice to Airmen) by air traffic control or on any charts that there are drones in the area.  I really hope the people operating them are coordinating them with IDAC.

It would really spoil my day if I flew into one.

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
Hmmm.  That's a bit of a worry.  I've never heard any NOTAMs (Notice to Airmen) by air traffic control or on any charts that there are drones in the area.  I really hope the people operating them are coordinating them with IDAC.

It would really spoil my day if I flew into one.

Apparently, according to the President today you have 30 to contend with.....

El mandatario informó que desde ya se cuenta con una flotilla de 30 drones manejados por igual cantidad de oficiales especializados en esa tarea.

Peterj

Bronze
Oct 7, 2002
Dominican Republic
Apparently, according to the President today you have 30 to contend with.....

El mandatario informó que desde ya se cuenta con una flotilla de 30 drones manejados por igual cantidad de oficiales especializados en esa tarea.

30 today...that's 25 in 2 days...and then I am very optimistic...

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
More effective, but not as much fun, would be border patrols with trained attack dogs. I have noticed Haitians are deathly afraid of dogs, even more so than many Dominicans.

May 5, 2007
More effective, but not as much fun, would be border patrols with trained attack dogs. I have noticed Haitians are deathly afraid of dogs, even more so than many Dominicans.

Hell with attack dogs, use the automated machine guns East Germany use to use and kill the lousy scum

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Hell with attack dogs, use the automated machine guns East Germany use to use and kill the lousy scum

Do you own an AR-15????? Just checking. Your reply is a little over the top. If I recall East Germany was run by a Communist Dictatorship? So their actions are about what I would expect from a country with no personal freedoms. Don't think the DR is that.