Permanent Residency Renewal - Proof of Solvency and/or Repatriation Insurance

judypdr

Jul 23, 2011
Costambar
I can't find on the DMG website in the information required for permanent residency renewal about proof of solvency or a requirement to purchase the repatriation insurance. Can someone answer for me what I will need? It seems to change each time I renew. Thanks!

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
While my lawyer took care of the foot work, I did have to supply bank statements and purchase repatriation insurance. I forwarded the bank records by email and the lawyer procured the insurance.

Permanent Residency Investor Class. Renewed beginning of this month.

judypdr

Jul 23, 2011
Costambar
I was guessing that although the application calls for all of that it, but it doesn't mention anything about solvency on the renewal page. Also, the wording implies that you need either proof of solvency OR insurance, but I had to do both last time, too! Seems unfair, but what the heck. Did you need to buy insurance for four years?

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I have no idea what coverage was purchased on our behalf. If I had to guess, the insurance coverage would need to cover the validity period of the renewal but that's just my assumption. I'm not particularly interested in the nitty gritty details - just the total cost and what day I will have to sit on the bus for 10 hrs.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Now this is just based on dr1, as I havent done permanent residemcy yet.

As i understand, the first permanent residency is good for 1 year ( yeah, yeah, I know ). And you need the repatriation insurance.

Then on first renewal, its good for 4 years. And no need for the insurance.

Check out Lisette ( ?) a poster who posted legal info last year, at the time this insurance thinghy came out.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
This was my second renewal and still only valid for two years. So far 1 + 2 + 2.