Young travellers travelling to Bavaro

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay123

Feb 28, 2018
Hi Everyone,

Great online community and very informative. I was hoping to get some advice from you all. We are a group of 10 guys coming to Bavaro for a bachelor party. We will be staying in the Cocotal Golf course. I understand that many changes have happend since some of the previous posts regarding local attractions.

We are looking for local bars that are popular and budget local eats in or around Bavaro (seafood preferred). Also, we are looking for nightclubs that are popular and what days they are best to visit.

Since it is a bachelor party we are looking for recommendations for a strip club in the area (strictly dancing) to comply with customary bachelor party activities.

All recommendations welcome. Thanks in advance.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Hi Everyone,

Great online community and very informative. I was hoping to get some advice from you all. We are a group of 10 guys coming to Bavaro for a bachelor party. We will be staying in the Cocotal Golf course. I understand that many changes have happend since some of the previous posts regarding local attractions.

We are looking for local bars that are popular and budget local eats in or around Bavaro (seafood preferred). Also, we are looking for nightclubs that are popular and what days they are best to visit.

Since it is a bachelor party we are looking for recommendations for a strip club in the area (strictly dancing) to comply with customary bachelor party activities.

Sorry, can't give you any specifics on the Bavaro area. I am sure others will but please, please remember you will not be in Kansas anymore. No problem having fun but when you have alcohol and other things into the mix and you are bar hopping in a foreign country things can quickly go the wrong way. Watch each others back and try to use some common sense. The Domincan police are not overly tolerant to "gringos" who become public nussances. Have a lot of fun but just keep this in mind. Not trying to be a downer just don't consider the DR as one big strip club.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Popular party places in Punta Cana are: Coco Bongo (in Downtown Punta Cana), Imagine (discotheque in a cave), Mangú and Pachá (Riu hotels).

I would stay away from seeking out a "stripper bar," as advised by LTSteve above.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Feel free to send me a DM when you get to 10 posts regarding the night life.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Across from the beach side entrance of Cocotal is the Palma Real Mall, it is within walking distance from the Golf Suites. There are eats, Hard Rock Cafe, Outback Steak House, Pizza joint, and others. There is shopping at big name vendors but at tourist victim prices. Good area to get your feet wet and explore when first arriving.

You would have to travel by taxi or other to get to the bars and nightclubs. Other posters will have recommendations for those.

Follow LTSteve's advice: "you will not be in Kansas anymore"

Have a good time.

Regards,

PJT

franco1111

Bronze
May 29, 2013
Gringo
Across from the beach side entrance of Cocotal is the Palma Real Mall, it is within walking distance from the Golf Suites. There are eats, Hard Rock Cafe, Outback Steak House, Pizza joint, and others. There is shopping at big name vendors but at tourist victim prices. Good area to get your feet wet and explore when first arriving.

You would have to travel by taxi or other to get to the bars and nightclubs. Other posters will have recommendations for those.

Have a good time.

Regards,

PJT

Hard Rock is not in Palma Real any more. They moved to Blue Mall.

KEHTABP

Mar 1, 2018
I agree with everything that was said above. I just came back from there spending roughly 10 days in DR. Not a place I would come to for "tittie bars". Keep in mind that just about every security guard sports a pistol grip shotgun and very few people speak fluent English.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

jay123

Feb 28, 2018
I agree with everything that was said above. I just came back from there spending roughly 10 days in DR. Not a place I would come to for "tittie bars". Keep in mind that just about every security guard sports a pistol grip shotgun and very few people speak fluent English.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I agree with all the posts as well. We will be of course be sensible in the foreign country (many of us have travelled to cancun/varadero/S.America/Panama for events). We heard great things about the night life in Punta Cana, but so far no one has suggested any places to check out.

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012

Have a good time.

Regards,

PJT

I believe poster said he wanted local eats. Those hardly classify. cocobongos is a ripoff IMO; a cheesy cruise ship type of show. Is you intend to go, take plenty $$.
There is a "strip club" of sorts (can't remember where), but when I went with gf a couple of years ago, it seemed pretty lame, and we left within minutes. Steve's bar, while not a strip club, can be pretty entertaining at times.
For seafood, I would try the shacks at Macao Beach.
Even though the Bavaro/PC area appears relatively tame, use common sense and be safe.

Last edited:

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
We heard great things about the night life in Punta Cana, but so far no one has suggested any places to check out.

I haven't heard that Punta Cana is renowned for its nightlife. Maybe ask those who told you it was, where you should go.

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
Bocana in Bavaro. Very lively. Drinkpoint is lively too, but it has a rep for hooliganism.

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
Popular party places in Punta Cana are: Coco Bongo (in Downtown Punta Cana), Imagine (discotheque in a cave), Mangú and Pachá (Riu hotels).

I would stay away from seeking out a "stripper bar," as advised by LTSteve above.
Mangu was closed to the public when the resort was acquired by Barcelo. Arrange for a driver and car, or you will get violated by cab fares. There's nothing but shopping and 1 outdoor bar nearby, and if you don't know the area you shouldn't be walking at night. Cocotal is also huge, you may not want to walk to and from the entrance to your condo.

Look up Servtour Caribe on FB. He does transport at a good price, and is reliable.

Sent from my ASUS_Z016D using Tapatalk

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
If you go out the front entrance of Cocotal and make a right turn. A short way after you get through the back of the Barcelo Hotels (you will know because you pass a circle ) you will see a strange looking building on your right.

This will suit your Bachelor Party needs. It is a strip club, but they changed the name and I really don't know it. But it is easy to find and you can park on your left.

But don't offer any drinks to any girls, and don't run a tab in any of these places ever. Just pay when served.

DR_Guy

Bronze
Feb 17, 2010
Didnt read post, but Imagine is a disco in an undergound cave. They discount local chicks, so always plenty of booty.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Didnt read post, but Imagine is a disco in an undergound cave. They discount local chicks, so always plenty of booty.

No,you are thinking of Imagine. This place used to be called Jazzy's.

ExDR

Jul 31, 2014
Hi Everyone,

It would be cheaper to get a couple of "Chicas" and bring them to the resort. Party away my man.

Status
Not open for further replies.