Santo Domingo Metro line 2B finished by July

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
332qqok.jpg

WOW, almost two years late but i guess better late than never.........

Santo Domingo.- Transport Reform Office (Opret) director Manuel Saleta on Wed. said line 2B of the Santo Domingo Metro will be finished by next July.

The official also affirmed that the faulty escalators and elevators of the stations have been resolved “95% thanks to the maintenance plan carried out since our arrival at Opret.”

“We’ll continue working focused on maintaining and improving to perfect conditions the country’s most modern and safest means of mass transit, such as the Santo Domingo Metro,” said Saleta.

He said they work upbeat every day to finish the works underway and guarantee the maintenance of the infrastructure and ensure its lifespan, “and thus continue to offer quality, economic and fast service.”

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
This IS good news. - I took Caribe Tours last week from Santiago (on my way to SDQ). I got off at KM9 took the Metro to Gomez station and then Uber to the A/P. It went very smoothly however once the 2nd line is open I would be able to take it to the end near Mega Centro and then Uber.
I can't wait for the S.D. bypass to be completed so that when I am driving Santiago to the east I can bypass the capitol all together.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
This IS good news. - I took Caribe Tours last week from Santiago (on my way to SDQ). I got off at KM9 took the Metro to Gomez station and then Uber to the A/P. It went very smoothly however once the 2nd line is open I would be able to take it to the end near Mega Centro and then Uber.
I can't wait for the S.D. bypass to be completed so that when I am driving Santiago to the east I can bypass the capitol all together.

I am not very good knowing locations by KM but would KM9 be avenida Luperon the Maria Montez Line 2 station? If so without a doubt that is a smart move. Much faster getting into SD centro than remaining on Caribe Tours bus. I usually grab a small bite to eat at "chaos plaza" then hop on the Metro. Only thing is Metro bus does not make a stop there........ufffff

I surely hope they will be adding additional cars to Metro Line 2 because once the extension opens plus the Teleferico gets into operation they will certainly need more cars.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Also starting June will be receive 2 cabin per month, so will be more space in rush hrs.

I do the same when I go to the North, I took the metro in Km9 then drop in the metro station in Av. Duarte then a public car to El parque Enriquillo then my next bus to San Pedro.