Car Wreck Santiago

Status
Not open for further replies.

SantiagueroRD

Bronze
Apr 20, 2011
Good Morning, My son got hit from behind yesterday. Broke the back glass and severely dented the rear door but it is driveable. All went well from the AMET, Casa de Conducir and even the lady in an old pick up whose official statement was "I hit the car but I dont know why". She only has minimum insurance. It will take at least a month before the parts for the car a 2007 RAV4 will arrive. Does any one know where in Santiago I can get a sheet of plexiglass or clear plastic sheeting so that I can drive the car?

chrisrose97

May 2, 2010
Good Morning, My son got hit from behind yesterday. Broke the back glass and severely dented the rear door but it is driveable. All went well from the AMET, Casa de Conducir and even the lady in an old pick up whose official statement was "I hit the car but I dont know why". She only has minimum insurance. It will take at least a month before the parts for the car a 2007 RAV4 will arrive. Does any one know where in Santiago I can get a sheet of plexiglass or clear plastic sheeting so that I can drive the car?

Sorry to hear about your accident. Try Juan Vidrio, on past El Palacio de Justicia on Estrella Sadhala, he might even have the glass for your car....or try a Ferretria like OCHOA or BELLON, if your just looking for something temporary....good luck!

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Sorry for your accident.

If you are looking for clear plastic sheeting, search out a mattress manufacturer or rebuilder in your area. They usually will have rolls of various thickness of clear plastic to encase mattresses. Most will be happy, willing to give or sell you some. Have done it here in the east when PJT needs plastic.

Duct tape is a must for attaching the plastic to vehicle.

Regards,

PJT

SantiagueroRD

Bronze
Apr 20, 2011
Good Afternoon, I went to Bellon and bought a large piece of suitable plastic for RD$300 aisle 31. Please close this and thank you.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
My friend had this problem with a Ford Explorer...
Took 2 weeks at the dealer 

Glass must be a problem 

Status
Not open for further replies.