Mommc

CHERYL.W

Mar 14, 2002
Sorry it has taken so long but can i try e mailing you my picture and see if you can post it on the media board for me?

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Actually....

it would be better to email it to Robert. He does the posting to the website.
Email address.....

dr1@codetel.net.do

You can "click on it above right here and an email form will come up. Just "attach the "file" that is the pic and ask Robert to post it to the members photo gallery.

Let me know if it works!!

john harper

Jan 1, 2002
mommc, i thought i would post it here then the other thread. Why is the canadian dollar and BY who is keeping it so low. One of the americans main complaint in the soft wood issue is that the canadian lumber companies harvest on crown land, could it be they want it sold to private people who have an american dollar to by up our land.What is with all this canada bashing by our american neighbours,especialy since duh,came into power. On 9/11 canadian blood banks had to turn people away their was so many people turned up to donate blood for them,but duh has never mentioned canada when thanking other countries in the war on these terrorists,he has mentioned Mexico as their close friend,well maybe canada should take our troops home and especialy our naval with their anti submarine capabilitys home and replace them with mexican ones.We have always considered the americans as our friends but as you can see by the post on this board it's a good thing we don't have many enemies.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
This is not the best email address. either post it via the form in the Media Gallery (very easy) or email it direct to me:

robert@dr1.com

It's always better to email us direct at DR1 and not to the Codetel account.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Answers......comments?

To Rob......started to post the "robert@dr1.com" but wasn't sure if I should.......so.....thanks! I'll know next time.
By the way waddyathink about my tagline. I've posted a couple on the X_Man & Medals thread?

To John......you make some good points......but stick around and you'll see that we're "just teasin" each other while trying to keep it clean and fun!
I think the Canadians,Englishmen,Americans and Dominicans on this BB for the most part "respect" each other and each others "differences".

eric

Feb 13, 2002
MommC

Whats the point of this thread?A thread starts in the business forum stating that the DR should not seek a trade agreement with the states.People get testy on both sides of the issue and the old US verses Canada crap starts up again.John Harper feels Canada is being bashed,and unappreciated.The topic works its way into this thread.You tell him its cool,and everything is smoothed over.Everyone is ready to sip a few beers at the beach.Then you write another post in the business forum and invite John to have a look.Whats up with that?We share the longest undefended border in the world.We share a common background,dance at each others weddings,and have fought on the same side in most wars.I don't recall anyone in the states siding with the Russians during the skating fiasco.I didn't see any whining when Canada won the gold in ice hockey.We stand when OH CANADA is played.Why don't we let the petty one upsmanship slide?

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
"Cause that's what gives "SPICE" to life

John didn't want to add anymore "fuel" to the fire and he was trying to understand why we were arguing! I'm not available by email so he posted to a thread that had my username on it that Criss and Tony C etc weren't apt to read.
So as I told him it's cool........he's a "newcomer" to the forum and hasn't seen the way we "ride" each other at times. It keeps thing interesting and Heck if you can't poke at each other once in a while and have some subtle fun doing it you may as well roll over and die........
(You didn't think I was going to declare war on my daughter-in-law or my husbands brother and sister-All Americans- did you?)
Trust me -at the first get together that we all can attend Criss and I and Tony C and Jazzcom and Golo will all be laughing at the same jokes and buying each other "Presidente's"!

Now loosen up and go stir things up on the other thread yourself!!

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Thanks lilsam......

It was a collaboration with bits taken from several different suggestions made by some of the "regulars" on the forum!!