Need Graphic Artist & Elementary Teacher

L. Gist

Mar 28, 2002
I am looking for a graphic artist experienced in retail package design for the mass U.S. merchant trade. I also need a proffesional product shot photographer.

I have a gifted 7 year old son who speaks both English and Spanish that I would like to have tootered in our private home in the DR.

If you are qualified and interested or know someone who is please respond. The need is immediate for all 3 positions.

Susan

Jan 23, 2002
I am interested

I have worked as an elementary teacher in Cincinnati, Ohio for the last seven years, and am 50 years old. I functioned as art instructor for grades K through 8, and also was "artist in residence" there for several years. (Hyde Park Elementary, here in a very nice neighborhood)

I teach art, but have been involved with varying school curiculums over the years, participating in writing, history (outward bound expeditions), and several science/art related lessons.

I have tutuored privately for over 10 years, and prior to working as a teacher, worked as a commercial designer for many large corporations here in my area, and I have a sample case full of commercail work and designs that I've developed and overseen.

I am moving to the D.R. - the Puerta Plata area, this June, and was intending on approaching the many hotels to offer "english" arts and craft lessons for the traveling children. Last November, while at the Iberostar for our second visit, everytime I brought out my art supplies, I was surrounded by children. I led two painting classes for children there the last week we were there - for free, because I very much love working with young people, they "re-charge" my batteries, and give me joy.

I have also set up an educational foundation, Crayons For Caribbean Children, which will be importing school supplies donated by many for distribution into the area schools, which need all the help that they can get.

In June, I will be securing a location to store these items sent, also a home, and I have made arrangements with several Tour Groups - to deliver these school supplies into the mountains on their daily tours. I plan on living in the D.R. at least the first year - full time, then migrating back and forth a few times a year to keep the donations to my foundation flowing.

Perhaps, if you have not found someone by then, you might consider myself as a teacher for your son. I am fully computor literate, and have many letters of recommendation from both parents and schools.

Thank you for your time, and best of luck with your son, he sounds like a little sweetheart!

Susan Gaebel
susang@fuse.net