Shipping to the North Coast

Jerry K

Jan 1, 2002
With Lynx throwing in the towel, any suggestions on shipping boxes by air from Florida? Fed Ex and UPS are sky high. Is there an air cargo carrier anyone can recommend? Thanks and Happy Easter to everyone.
Off topic to HB, what holler are you from in W (by God) V?

mainer

Mar 22, 2002
Still off topic to HB

Hillbilly,
You came from WV???
I went to college in Wheeling.
I loved the place.
mainer

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Yes, the HB is from Kanawah County, WV.

As for shipping stuff, you might get in touch with the missionary group AGAPE out of Sarasota Florida. They fly into Santiago on a weekly basis.

Does this help?...Of course if you had a heap of stuff Lynx would probably fly it in, but no telling what the Aduana would do to you.

I understand that Business Mail has also done household moves, but the information came from someone quite wealthy, so perhaps the costs were insignificant to her but not to a "normal" person...Just thinking out loud.

?Air Cargo, via AA or one of the large airlines is another option, but again you will have to face the hassles of the Customs clearances...

HB

Jerry K

Jan 1, 2002
AA is a no go

Recently informed by AA, after 9/11 will not accept cargo from
private parties. only established accounts. I guess vertical blinds
and wall mirrors are now classified as terrorist weapons.
I have a couple of radio stations in the Turks & Caicos and shipping there is a snap.
Re: Kanawha county, know it well, where else in WV can you find a town called Coco. Rt 60 is actually scenic in it's own bizarre way.