Looking for English speaking Real Estate agent in DR-North Coast

Scooter

Feb 15, 2002
My husband and I are researching moving and buying property in the DR-North Coast. We are learning Spanish but wish to have a English speaking agent. I am headed to Puerto Plata April 26 to check out different towns that will appeal to us. Thank you for your help, Debra

billshar

Jan 15, 2002
Most real estate agents on the North Coast either speak english or have english speaking employees.

T

TiberiusMineola

Puerto Plata real estate help

Try Charles Dalton, @ la Proveedora. 809 970 0777. He's very honest & he speaks excellent English. Good fortune!

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Check the archives on this subject!! DON'T buy for at least 6 months, get to KNOW the areas first, check their good points AND bad points. Get to know the Realtors to trust, LEARN the TRUE market value of properties, what your ? or $ will buy. You MIGHT even fid a 'Good Deal' going if someone is packing up & going back Stateside/Canada or Europe!!

Drop me a line by e-mail if you want some more "Sane" advice & we can meet up here when you come. I have lived here 10 years now & have made most of the mistakes newcomers make & believe me, there are MANY!!

Good Luck & give Jim Belaire my best if you talk to him! - Grahame.

Scooter

Feb 15, 2002
Dear BushBaby,

Thank you for your information. I would be interested in talking with you further. I am not planning on moving for a couple of years because I do want to do it right. I know I need to learn many things before I can do this without a hitch. Any and all help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Debra

Star

Apr 2, 2002
Real Estate

If your looking for a honest and reliable agent, you should definetly give Century 21 "Juan Perdomo" a call. Their number is 809-571-2608. Or call me directly in NY at 212-314-3029.
Good Luck!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Isn't that an oxymoron? "honest real estate agent???

somehow I think that they are getting better, in general. I hope that they have stopped selling "Options to Buy" as if they were land titles...That group up there has a terrible rep among the older residents. JJ-God rest his soul-had some wonderful stories...Seems that one of the women that sold property got a lot of deals closed because she had the best "head"on the North Coast!!

Debra: take Grahame's advice and do it very slowly...lots of opportunities arise...

HB

wmb

Jan 24, 2002
Dear Scooter,
I am an American working with the Century 21 Juan Perdomo real estate agency . Please feel free to email me with any questions. My wife and I are friends with several regular DR1 posters and will gladly furnish references to you.
Dean Brown

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Hey Dean.......

an email address would be nice.......
Do you handle the south shore as well?
You might want to check out the Is there such an animal thread!

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Recommend Dean Brown of Century 21

I can recommend Dean Brown of Century 21 for north coast property. I have known he and his wife Wanda for some time and am confident they will do a good job for you. His posting is above.