The dilemma!

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Here it is ....all suggestions welcomed.

Email reads....come home,ASAP! Work piling up, brides to be getting nervous. Lots to be done.......

Answer: Start booking apts for April 15th, 9:AM- 9PM. Reassure All will be ready before wedding date. Looking for tickets after Semana Santa.

The dilemma.....came on a Sunquest/SkyService ticket to La Romana.....haven't been able to get a hold of the Sunquest rep. in JuanDolio all week. Found out from another rep at 11AM this morning that there were two seats for the 1:30 flight today (TOO LATE!!!! - had to be there by 11:30AM and it's 1 1/2 hrs to La Romana if we were packed and ready to go!!) Nothing available on Monday. Have to wait until Wed. to try again IF we can contact the Sunquest rep......
No Problem....we'll go commercial! Flights leave Las Americas five x + per day for Miami or Newark or Philly.....short hop to Toronto!
Right..........$3300. later and still 227 miles/330 kms. from home.......Big Problem!!
I'm too cheap to put out that kinda dough unless I absolutely have too..
Question....does anyone know the number for the Sunquest or Skyservice rep in Punta Cana?????

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
It's that damn Scotsman in me!!!

Here I thought the Kelly Klan was Irish 'til I traced 'em back to the McKeilley who were Scotish nobles........
Then I had to apologise for all those snide remarks about cheap scotsman! AHHHH sh**! That'll teach me to keep my yap closed.....

Anyhow, if anyone knows the phone # for the reps from punta cana.....

kingofdice

Jan 16, 2002
re: Sunquest ot Sunburned

One of my assistanrs recently had a bad experience with Sunquest. Being re-routed, not being able to contact the Sunquest rep.. she ended up paying big dough to book other flights.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Well.....

We finally got her......and guess what? She doesn't like living in BC and is looking for an apt. in JD.
Soooooooo.....we need tickets, she needs a reasonable priced apt.preferably one she can share with the rep who is living in SP and also wants to move to JD. We know where to find a reasonable apt.with two bedrooms,planta,parking,furnished etc., VERY close to her office so now all she needs to do is find us tickets!
How much to you want to bet by Mon or Tues. I've got tickets home for Fri., Sat., or Sunday coming!?

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Welllllll.............

She's been very co-operative but looks like since they've cut back flights we may be SOL.......

Anyone have a number for the Sunquest or Air Transat rep who handles flights from Punta Cana???

We may have to fly into Montreal on a "Red Eye" Friday Pm then make our way to home in Ontario from there. Done it before ....LONG trip but not unreasonably priced.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I find this facinating!

this search all over the country for a good and inexpensive flight home...
I have learned a lot...

Keep posting MommC..and good luck on your quest...

HB

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Thanks HB......

It helps to be flexible...we live within about four hours of everywhere (not including the area close to the Haitian border), SD,PC,POP,in the DR. and are four hours from Toronto (al times aprox. give or take 30 min. by car). Even Montreal is only a 7 hr car ride (or 10 hr. bus ride because of having to change buses) so there are literally a hundred ways we can go depending on how much we want to spend and how long we want to take.....
I've decided on cheap and under 18 hrs. otherwise I'll go expensive and be home in 9 hrs......
:D

Now if anyone has that Punta Cana number?????

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Wellll.............

If you look at a map we're actually from the center of Ontario - midway between the mouth of James Bay and Windsor- however we're referred to as the Gateway to the North!
Good ole Gateway city - North Bay,Ontario!! On the shores of Lake Nipissing and Trout Lake!

john harper

Jan 1, 2002
From North Bay, still north ontario, were not far from you ,good luck in getting back home with out it costing a fortune....

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
From which part of the North do you hail from John??

I have cousins in Moosenee and Moose Factory.
Now that's North!!!!

Sure hope someone has a number for the Punta Cana reps for me......they may be my last hope of getting off the island this weekend without paying a Queens' ransom to AA or UsAir or Continental.
:D

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Mission Accomplished!

GOT IT! Boooohoooohooo!!!
Now I gotta go home too!!

Had a seat for hubby Friday from La Romana ---only one so I was gonna stay another week or two or three!!

Leaving from JD at 6AM Sat. for Punta Cana....

Sunquest flight leaves at 11:20AM will be in Toronto by 4:20PM!!

Haven't decided if we'll stay the night in TO or just head home......
Depends on if my son is picking us up (WITH MY GRANDBABIES!) or if a friend will drive down for dinner and a night out and shopping Sunday before heading back home......

42F 6C and raining.....Yuck!!

Maybe I'll see you in the Nickle city John.....I go shopping there quite often!