Last of the motoconcho pics

Marc

Jan 1, 2002
www.haugen.ca
Well, after 14 months my wife and I have made the transition from life in Sosua to the cold weather of Saskatchewan, Canada. We'll miss the DR, and will always have fond memories (and some not so fond ;)).

I have some new <b>concho pics</b> from our last couple of months on the island, and have posted them with ones many of you have already seen. They are at

http://www.picturetrail.com/terriandmarc/574317

<b>Jim Hinsch</b> - I posted two of yours from a previous post. If you would like me to remove them please just let me know and I will pull them.

Take care all!

marc

PS - I again ask that anyone that has any beauty concho pics to send them to me via email or post them. I have a buddy that took a pic of a concho carrying two coffins...if it turns out I will post it...rather ironic I say ;)

Last edited:

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Great pictures!!! Maybe you should put them up on the media gallery section of this forum....

sjh

aka - shadley
Jan 1, 2002
www.geocities.com
I missed one last time I was down, I couldn't get the camera out fast enough.

One guy, one washing machine balanced behind him being held on by one hand reaching over his shoulder.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Great pictures. You should post them on the media gallary. I also saw your Niagara Falls shots. They are good as well. We lived there for two years but never got any that good. It always seemed too misty and couldn't see the falls that well.

Bugsey34

Bronze
Feb 15, 2002
those pics are great!! Some of the best I have seen that capture what daily life is like in the DR... i felt like I was back there as I was looking at them! Thanks Marc

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
1) the local paper Hoy publiched a picture of the Iguaz? Falls as if it were the Niagara Falls.
2) The PIB has a picture of a moto-c0ncho on the pictures of her trip...

Gonna miss you Marc. You gonna come back to visit??

HB

Last edited:

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Great pics, Marc. What part of Saskatchewan are you from? I am from a little town called Lampman, near Estevan. My husband and I had been married in the DR, and on the May long weekend, we will be getting married in a Church in Estevan. And you're right, it is cold out, but it looks like during the week it might go up to around +6-7 C. Have a great trip home.

Marc

Jan 1, 2002
www.haugen.ca
Hi all

Trina - we grew up in Prince Albert, quite a drive north of Estevan, but close enough given that the highway doesn't have any hills or curves in it...just a straight shot...it is even closer than what the "crow flies" since we don't have to change altitude...lol

As for the media gallery...I still don't like it, and am going to make a seperate post with my comments on that one.

take care!
marc

TERRY

Feb 1, 2002
Great pictures Mark, I especially like the one with the balloons.

My wife is going to Sto.Dom. on Wednesday,so hopefully she will be able to add to your collection.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Marc

PA - you know your little town became famous a little while ago? They were on Ripley's Believe it or Not because they have a crew of karate experts that demolish houses by using only their hands and feet....only in small-town Saskatchewan would someone think to do this, I guess...lol...bet a few beers was had the night they thought that one up.

PS
The weather isn't looking any better lately. Tons of snow all over Sask yesterday.

Last edited:

Isaac Green

Jan 28, 2002
Jim have you actually seen them all 5 riding at once?

Wow,

I thought 20 Cubans on 3 tire tubes was alot,
instead of Chandlier getting those without seatbelts don't you think this is more of potentially dangerous public safety problem? What about the children, besides according to recent articles the motorconcho accounts for far more vehicles than do cars in the DR.

Great Pics,