You are invited!!

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
DR1 board members and the staff are invited to an art exhibit called "ASPHALT" by young Minimalist artist Krismell Grullon on May 22, 2002 at 8:00PM(Wednesday) at the Gran Salon Don Manuel at the Manuel del Cabral Foundation, Calle Colon #10, at the Atarazanas, Colonial Zone.

A special on-line virtual animated invitation will be forwarded to you if desired. Just send your e-mail address to me I will forward it to you.

This exhibit will remain for an entire month. I will be there to greet the visitors alongside Krismell. We are putting together this production in cooperation with the Foundation and a team of technical experts that will make this an enjoyable evening and a surprising and different art style in tune with avant garde movements. You will be able to see colors in bright unusual mixes and textures.

Dress:Casual, but elegant

TW

mondongo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
TW

Maybe you can take some pictures of the pictures and post them on the Media gallery. Since I know little about art, I would be interested to see what "Minimalist" art is. Would you mind giving a lay-man's description?

thanks, mondongo

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Mondongo

Hi there:

To understand what "minimalism" in art is all about, let me suggest a few things. We have a page that gives you some of our own insights. It is written by me for Krismell Grullon's work on <Grullon.com>. You will see some pictures in that page, but not the latest works that will be shown at the "Asphalt" exhibit. We will be updating the page in the next few days to show some.

Then, I suggest you use a search engine and look for "Minimalism" and it will take you to several descriptions of this art school. You may also search for web pages or books on the following artists: Ellsworth Kelly, Carl Andre, Dan Flavin,Barnet Newman, Agnes Martin, Ad Reinhardt, Donald Judd, Robert Morris, Frank Stella, Peter Halley, and Barnett Newman . Ludwig Mies Van der Rohe is a minimal architect. Likewise Philip Johnson.
Also check.....http://www.artlex.com

Peter Halley and Frank Stella are the younger guys. The others are older artists. Stella has taken a newer approach which cannot fit into any art trend. His three-dimensional, almost sculptural paintings on brushed aluminum is unequal. He has shown heavy abstract expressionist tones on a minimal format. Krismell Grullon has a similar concept but with strict minimalist undertones. Peter Halley is a modern version of a younger Frank Stella, who revolutionized minimal art in the 70's.

Another hint is a fashion comparison. Calvin Klein is a minimalist. Yves St. Laurent is an impressionist. Other minimalists are Claude Montana, Donna Karan. Versace is an abstract expressionist.

TW