Looking for work in the Dominican

Melissa

Apr 10, 2002
I am presently living in Montreal, Canada and I am looking to move to the Dominican Republic for the next academic year (2002/2003). I am a certified TESOL teacher and have an Associates Degree. I have been working in the school system in Canada for the past 3 years and have a tremendous amount of experience with young people.
I need anyones help with getting in touch with schools that need TESOL teachers. I have applied at many school that I have found on the net although would like more contacts. I prefer to live in Puerto Plata although would be interested to live in Santo Domingo or Santiago as well.
Any help that people can provide would be greatly appreciated.
Looking forward to hearing from individuals with suggestions or even job offers.
Melissa

bichondad

Jan 19, 2002
PLEASE DEFINE

Melissa,

Not all acronyms are the same in all languages. You should define TESOL and also see if it has a Spanish equivalent.

Good Luck

Tgf

Jan 3, 2002
TESOL

TESOL is Teaching English to Speakers of other Languages. Also known as ESL or EFL, English as a Second Language or English as a Foreign Language. I would guess that Melissa would like to teach English to native Spanish speakers. Melissa, check the archives here at DR1. There are a lot of threads with the names of schools in the D.R. where employment might be forthcoming. Good luck.

Melissa

Apr 10, 2002
THANK YOU!!!

Thank you for your responses. TESOL is basically the teaching of English to anyone who does not speak it as a first language. Just to let people know, The International Schhol of Sosua is a great suggestion although they only hire staff with a Bachelors in Education. They do hire 1 ESL teacher but they already have that person for the next academic school year. I am still seeking any help from people or actual schools.
Thanx Again!!!!