I want to get married

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Why get married Clive?
Why not live in sin like I do??? Met the girl whilst we were both living in England, we travelled out here together & have never needed to get married - we love each other as much (but not quite as often due to older age now) as we did when we first met!! There are certain legalities that might affect you that you might like to take up with a legal advisor (& I am certainly not that), before you splice the knot!!

If you haven't already done so, try placing this request for information on the legal forum too!!

Good luck & watch out for your wallet if you DO get married - Grahame.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Whooops, sorry!!

Sorry Clive, I see now that you have been there & got bumped to here!! Try it again in legal but ask for LEGAL REQUIREMENTS for getting married in DR! That should keep it there & hopefully Fabio or some other knowledgable legal advisor, will get back to you.

Where are you from? There should be a Dominican Consulate or Embassy in your country you can get this information from!! - Grahame.

Paula

Apr 22, 2002
Hi Clive,

You can do one of 2 things, You can married at a resort or on the beach and that your travel agent can set up for you. It all goes through the hotels under wedding packages and there are many different types. Check into them. Usually the cost is included in the package.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Clive: Do you want a church wedding with all the trimmings?

Do you want to get "hitched" by a local JP?

Do you want a minister around?

All these are doable but we need information.

For example the Justice of the Peace in Sosua will preform a perfectly legal marriage for you with out much hassle.

I think you need to prove that you are single, but i can check up on that if you want...

Otherwise it is a few pesos and BOOM, it's done.

HB

Paula

Apr 22, 2002
Hi Clive,

Hillbilly was right. You do need a piece of paper now from the Canadian Consulate stating that you are single before you can get married in the DR. Cost I think is about $100.00 USD.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
My papers (de soltaire)were done in POP by Tim Hall at the Canadian Consulate in 2001. I think the charge was only 550 pesos.

If you are Canadian, e-mail Tim Hall...I think his address is timhall@codetel.net.do

Good luck!