visa into uk

joanne

Feb 23, 2002
can anyone help or give me advice on obtaining a visa for my dominican boyfriend to come and visit me in the uk.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Your country is the one that will give or refuse to give him a visa. Best to ask the consulate in your own country if you have returned from the DR

Daybee

Feb 28, 2002
VISA to UK

I have a friend in the DR who is trying to get a visa at the moment to come to visit the UK - its not easy. If you like, I can talk to you direct about this if you give me your e-mail address?

D

Lisah82

Sep 12, 2004
Visa for Dominican Boyfriend

hi joanne, not sure if you still need to know but it is very difficult getting you dominican boyfriend to england. I was having same problem, you have to provide sponsor ship for them which could take 3 months+. You also have to take your passport, letter of invitation, employment letter and 3 months wage slips and bank statements for 6 months out to the British embassy in the Dominican Republic before they will even consider a visitor visa for approx 3 months. Do what I am doing instead, go out and marry him, its much easier and he will be here quicker!
Hope this has been some help.
If you need any more info just email me, I'll help if I can.
Lisa

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Lisah82 said:
Do what I am doing instead, go out and marry him, its much easier and he will be here quicker!

Very bad advice!

An educated, permanently employed (good position), resourceful and with the right family back ground Dominican (male/female) usually will never have a problem getting a visa to England.

I know of a few and have sponsored someone myself.

The problem is when you get into the lower end of the socio-economic scale or that "sankie/chopa" region. They have a very hard time getting visas, because more often and not they skip and do not return to the DR.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Lisah82 said:
hi joanne, not sure if you still need to know but it is very difficult getting you dominican boyfriend to england. I was having same problem, you have to provide sponsor ship for them which could take 3 months+. You also have to take your passport, letter of invitation, employment letter and 3 months wage slips and bank statements for 6 months out to the British embassy in the Dominican Republic before they will even consider a visitor visa for approx 3 months. Do what I am doing instead, go out and marry him, its much easier and he will be here quicker!
Lisa

The section about Marriage being the easier route is not good advice & certainly not TRUE in many cases. I have known many applications for 'single' status people go through even quicker than for a married Dominican!!

You are correct in the statments about the papers that have to be supplied by The Sponsor BUT, the application has to be submitted by the APPLICANT for the visa NOT the sponsor!! The sponsor does NOT have to deposit the papers in Santo Domingo & a visit by the sponsor there would be frowned on rather than be useful!!

Where IS the boyfriend?? IF Puerto Plata he can go see the Consular Agent there who will be MOST helpful by giving the correct advice. He can accept the paperwork (including your sponsor letter, bank statements, employment records) which should include a history of the relationship (NO, not the gory details - just how long, phone calls, letters/e-mails etc. to PROVE a long term relationship!!).

Most important in the decision making process, is the proof that the aspplicant has a worthwhile job here in the DR (to include the employers statement that a short holiday is acceptable to him & the job will remain open for 2/3/4 weeks etc), a strong family relationship & finances to return to!!! The MORE he can show he HAS to return to the DR, the better his chance of being granted a visa!!

Pleae, please, PLEASE ......... Do NOT send any money for air fares until the visa has been granted because it is unlikely you will ever get this back. It is better if your boyfriend pays the application feeshimself, as this demonstrates his financial stability & ability to fund himself whilst in England too.

Good luck with the process but DON'T expect to see him over there before Christmas!! - Grahame.

El Maestro 23

Sep 23, 2004
Do what I am doing instead, go out and marry him, its much easier and he will be here quicker!
Lisa[/QUOTE]

:bandit: ??? Nice advise .... NOT :bandit:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
This thread is more than two years old and Joanne hasn't signed in since April13 2002.