Friends of Bill W in Puerto Plata area?

Eskimo

Mar 3, 2018
I'll be in Costambar later this month. Any friends of Bill W in the area? I found listings on line for meetings near the kite beach in Cabarete and at the Tropix Hotel Cafeteria in Sosua. Anyone know if that info is still valid? Any meetings closer to Costambar?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
those questions about alcoholics anonymous meetings are frequent so let us know once you find out for sure.

Eskimo

Mar 3, 2018
The Cabarete meetings are on as I know someone who goes often.  But both Sosua and Cabarete are quite far from Costambar.

If no one can tell you a place in Costambar, shoot at least for one in the city of Puerto Plata, and/or send the Cabarete group  a message, they may know of a group closer to you:   httpInn www.recovery-vacation.com/sobriety-vacation-contact.html

We are planning on going to Cabarete for kiteboarding and will include a meeting there in the trip. Any estimate how long it takes to drive from Playa Costambar to Cabarete? Or to the Tropix Hotel, if that is still on?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
the road is not in a great shape and you need to get through the city so i would estimate about 1 hour drive.

Eskimo

Mar 3, 2018
Thanks for info. I was planning on taking Route 5, in a rental compact car. Are there any areas in the city, or outside it for that matter, that I should avoid? Also, is the earthquake drill on Wednesday likely to stop traffic?

Jan 17, 2009
I don't know what time is your meeting.  Reportedly the drill is between 10 and 11 am.  If you need to be in Cabarete or Sosua at that time, leave early, very early.  Driving through Puerto Plata and Sosua, for the first time, may take longer than the 1hr I mentioned, and if traffic is disrupted, well, you figure.

Eskimo

Mar 3, 2018
We went to a meeting in Cabarete. Up a road just West of Cabarete business district, marked by "AA" sign on telephone pole on beach side.Next door to Charlie Foundation. Meetings are Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 5:00pm and Tuesday and Thursday at noon. Meetings mentioned on AA Caribbean website at Tropix Hotel were moved to this location. We could find no info on any other meetings on North Coast.

We went to a meeting in Cabarete. Up a road just West of Cabarete business district, marked by "AA" sign on telephone pole on beach side.Next door to Charlie Foundation. Meetings are Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 5:00pm and Tuesday and Thursday at noon. Meetings mentioned on AA Caribbean website at Tropix Hotel were moved to this location. We could find no info on any other meetings on North Coast.

That is too bad there isn’t one in sosua, I was so happy that there was one there. Sosua needs one the most!!