All the ads...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Is it just me or is the dr1 forum since today full of ads. 

I always had a banner on top but now I have banners all over the page and even between a post and the like / thanks box.

Makes it annoying to read (and I don’t need a ‘dakkapel’)

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i don't even know whatcha talking about, my son, coz i have adblock :)

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
i don't even know whatcha talking about, my son, coz i have adblock :)

Same here. I have adblock plus and don't see any ads at all.

I used a PC without adblock the other day and couldn't believe how many pop up. I lasted about 5 minutes and turned it off.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Adblock is rendered inefective by Google placed ads - they can fool it

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Adblock is rendered inefective by Google placed ads - they can fool it

And..... you are right. I have a google banner at the top and bottom. Never even noticed.

JayinRD

Apr 18, 2013
For me it's having to sign in every 5 minutes. I get automatically signed out. Never used to happen.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Is it just me or is the dr1 forum since today full of ads. 

I always had a banner on top but now I have banners all over the page and even between a post and the like / thanks box.

Makes it annoying to read (and I don’t need a ‘dakkapel’)

Some have changed from text to more graphical from Google, hence you notice them more.
We have had the same ad block positions in the forums the past 10 years.
We have an ad at the top and bottom of the forum, the content/readable area has NO ads.
Free free to use Adblock or click on the X on the ad so you don't have to see them.

Also... sometimes they appear, sometimes not. Welcome to FREE :)

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Some have changed from text to more graphical from Google, hence you notice them more.
We have had the same ad block positions in the forums the past 10 years.
We have an ad at the top and bottom of the forum, the content/readable area has NO ads.
Free free to use Adblock or click on the X on the ad so you don't have to see them.

Also... sometimes they appear, sometimes not. Welcome to FREE :)

I was thinking it had to do with me being in another region now. The ads are actually in the middle of the readable area for me. Between two posts on a page.

Bottom of the page there’s a long list of banners now. 

I understand the need of ads to keep a site running but I think that what I see on my screen is not your intention.

2ms2cmv.png

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I have seen the same as Mauricio today.
Banner ad at the top has always been there - usually Guzman law firm.
But today there were ads after every 2nd post in a thread. Never had that before.
They don't show up on every thread either.
Not a big deal that they are there, it's just that they are in really bright colours and, well, I am at work right now so trying to be discreet with my DR1 viewing. :nervous:

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I don't get any ads mid content, either desktop or mobile.

If anyone is seeing them mid-content, please post an image.

Thanks.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
they do appear within the post (as in: below the bar that says Post Thanks / Like, but above the actual Like and Below the date and time header of a particular post but above the actual text of that post...

Again: no problem here with ads, but I think this might be a wrong setting somewhere in the ad software. 

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I have seen the same as Mauricio today.
Banner ad at the top has always been there - usually Guzman law firm.
But today there were ads after every 2nd post in a thread. Never had that before.
They don't show up on every thread either.
Not a big deal that they are there, it's just that they are in really bright colours and, well, I am at work right now so trying to be discreet with my DR1 viewing. :nervous:

Agreed - something has changed

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
they do appear within the post (as in: below the bar that says Post Thanks / Like, but above the actual Like and Below the date and time header of a particular post but above the actual text of that post...

Again: no problem here with ads, but I think this might be a wrong setting somewhere in the ad software. 

Ok, just noticed an ad mid content. It appears to be very random. I'll keep tweaking :)

Status
Not open for further replies.