Best Mangu in Punta Cana

chs1986

Nov 29, 2017
Hello,

Can any give us recommendations on any restuarants that serve mangu in the Punta Cana area? For dinner, preferably

Thanks!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
La Casita de Yeya in Downtown and Punta Cana Village
Many places serving breakfast have it as a menu option.

jeb321

Bronze
Dec 12, 2008
La Casita de Yeya in Downtown and Punta Cana Village
Many places serving breakfast have it as a menu option.

I must say here.  For All to know (those unlucky enough to have given them a chance). In my opinion there is pretty much NoWhere to eat domincan cooking in Punta Cana village or anywhere nearby Uptown, Downtowm Midtown, Anytown.  What they are putting out as dominican food, i.e habichuelas, simple delicious habichuelas no where to be found.  We had (oh usually cook our own...but in this case didn't went to Yeya in Punta Cana Village (of course we should have known way better) with  Domincan friends asked for large habichuelas.  Truly awful.  I can't even now describe what horrible cooking befelled us.  We as am pretty sure most of us in Punta Cana do know is that these planners of Punta Cana made a decision to wipe Domincan flavor off the face of the map here.  Mangu?  Maybe little john? Juanillo? I don't know but also would expect it to be similar as in Rip off the tourist..thinking they don't know and perhaps leave out ingredients.  For us the bottom line is awareness of how Dominicaness (my word) has disappeared from Punta Cana.  Some comedors around Friusa good decent food.  But do not get too close to Punta Cana Village or you eat gringo.

Last edited:

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I haven't been to Yeya for a while because I had my own bad experience with them, but it was not mangu-related. My half-Dominican son and 100% Dominican husband have always liked the habichuelas guisadas there but they would agree that there is no comparison with the ones we make at home.