It seems as the DR is preparing for war?

joe

Brain Donor!
Jan 12, 2016
Jeezus H Christ. This may qualify as the most ridiculous thread I'VE EVER SEEN

joe

Brain Donor!
Jan 12, 2016
Thank god that we've got the Dominican special forces to protect us here. BTW, here in Sosua there are so many retired English and American sniper/commando/paratroopers/navy seals/secret fkn agents..........we'll be alright, so I've been told.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Not war. Just preparing to stop the flow of illegals. Nothing wrong with that.

They're not stupid. They see Haiti getting worse and know what's coming. They see what's happening with the people of Puerto Rico abandoning their homeland. They see the troubles in Europe with the tons of immigrants flooding in, sucking up social services. Just looking out for their own, as they should.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
... who have more sophisticated weaponry and ammo than the Army. Yeah we'll be alright and absolutely ecstatic at being able to let loose several thousand rounds from high ground while wearing our ghillie suits.

Not much call for that attire in Sosua but a great way to get your gardener to quit without having to pay liquidation.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
So, Haiti doesn't' have an Army, rather Police element I see.

I believe you are onto something, way too much equipment and Soldiers displaced just to "control" borders, this is beyond immigration scope IMO.

What experience do you have that would lead you to that conclusion? It is probably an exercise to see how well they organize and form ( how much time it takes, what goes wrong, what goes right, what do we need to do better) plus a show of force/intimidation.

JasonD

Bronze
Feb 10, 2018
What experience do you have that would lead you to that conclusion? It is probably an exercise to see how well they organize and form ( how much time it takes, what goes wrong, what goes right, what do we need to do better) plus a show of force/intimidation.

It isn't me saying this Sir, its the action of the government which conclude to that end-state.

"El presidente Danilo Medina se encuentra reunido con el alto mando militar de República Dominicana, pasando revista a la situación de las fronteras del país."

https://www.listindiario.com/la-rep...r-y-ministros-para-tratar-tema-de-la-frontera

The President and his military chiefs gathering options and actions on the same subject.

JasonD

Bronze
Feb 10, 2018
Drones, ground vehicles, aircraft, fast boats and thousands of ground forces at the same time........anyone recall such big deployment of troops and equipment to the borders within the last decade or before?

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Drones, ground vehicles, aircraft, fast boats and thousands of ground forces at the same time........anyone recall such big deployment of troops and equipment to the borders within the last decade or before?

Maybe they are gearing up for TPS in the US to end for Haiti. Might be expecting an increase in illegal immigration.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
It isn't me saying this Sir, its the action of the government which conclude to that end-state.

"El presidente Danilo Medina se encuentra reunido con el alto mando militar de República Dominicana, pasando revista a la situación de las fronteras del país."

https://www.listindiario.com/la-rep...r-y-ministros-para-tratar-tema-de-la-frontera

The President and his military chiefs gathering options and actions on the same subject.

like I said " An Exercise " I have participated in many, some involving the Military from as much as ten countries.

Juan Bosch

Dec 8, 2015
Jeezus H Christ. This may qualify as the most ridiculous thread I'VE EVER SEEN

Maybe not the most but up there.....nothing major will come of this....just another diversion by the gov from its corruption scandals...last time it was the Venezuelan talks...Medina was on the mike almost daily talking about the so called progress....and we lapped up like a newborn baby....lol

JasonD

Bronze
Feb 10, 2018
like I said " An Exercise " I have participated in many, some involving the Military from as much as ten countries.

The word "exercise" would derive a conclusion of just "training" to which this entire mobilization far reassembles.

You've participated in Dominican military exercises as of you are a former/current DR military member?