Custodian for funds

CaribbeanGeorge

"Creature of Leisure"
Jan 3, 2002
www.fuentesdellago.com
I?ve been contacted recently by a foreign company to be the custodian of a transference of funds, which I have to give back later, of course receiving a percent of commission. The reason lower taxes here than in their country.
Is this legal in the DR or you can consider it money laundering.

sjh

aka - shadley
Jan 1, 2002
www.geocities.com
this sounds very much like a old scam to get your account information. There is a name for it, but i forgot what it is.

The latest manifistation of this one is a deposed king of some country in africa needs to transfer money out of the country, but for some reason he needs to pass the 10 million dollars through your account. you will get a 15% commission or something stupid like that.

soon after you give the information, will find your account drained dry...

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
This is an old scam which started years ago in Nigeria. The story usually involved a high government official who wanted to transfer some of the funds from the Oil Ministry to an account offshore.

sjh

aka - shadley
Jan 1, 2002
www.geocities.com
I think the nigerian vesion is actually a modification of a scam from an early one...

Now I remember, I think is is call "the spanish prisioner", and it dates back to a big scam several hundred years ago. Am sure there is more info on the web

CaribbeanGeorge

"Creature of Leisure"
Jan 3, 2002
www.fuentesdellago.com
Thanks

That?s exactly what it is and it is from Nigeria, we chequed the data of this gentleman & all exist as legitimate.
We were about to open an account with only 200 US, well you got nothing to loose, 20 vs some million USD.
Thanks again.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Fraud prevention

CaribbeanGeorge, I pray you have not provide any personal or account information about yourself to the "foreign company". If you have provided account information(bank/credit cards), best to notify the institution(s) holding your account(s) immediately. Request them to change your bank account and credit card numbers. Regards, PJT