Starting a Companie in the DR

Samana1

Bronze
Jan 4, 2002
www.samana-peninsula.com
I want start a Company in the Dominican Republic

Please who can answer my questions?

1. What for Company (section Tourism?) is the best to get succesfull?

2. How much money you need?

3. How much time you need to set up a Company

Last edited:

lilsam

Santo Domingo Sammy
Jan 2, 2002
A Bodega or Colmodo

One of the best and easiest business to start is a lil conveince store. However it takes a lot of work. Long hours but everyone must eat and you can live in same building. Just a thought ...

Drake

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Setting up a company DR

Briefly

1. find any lawyer
2.decide on a name , and register at Industria y Comercio.
3. Choose on either C por A or S.A. which are the two most common types of companies.
4.Find seven people minimum to act as share holders and to sign documents.
5.decide how much capital you wish to establish the company on.

Can take one or two weeks depends on lawyer. You will then be given an RNC number. Which is your tax register number.

Depending on the capital you wish to put up, the minimum, including lawyer fees $RD 10,000.00

Alvar3

Apr 27, 2002
Hello,

please could anyone recommend a reliable lawyer? and what about companies like "Dominicana Servicios Multiplos"?

if anyone want to share info about starting a company please e-mail me.

thanks in advance

Montessorian

Apr 1, 2002
www.patriaquerida.homestead.com
Regarding steps one to five?

I am wondering, would those steps hold true for a private school?

Do you know if there is a certain agency who sets "standards" for schools, or must I report opening a school to a certain agency, and how would that private school tuition rate regulation apply to me as a first time school owner in DR?

I know this is a stretch, but do you know if there is a square feet to student ratio as here in the U.S. .Teacher to sudent ratio?

Respectfully,
Tamara Alvarado

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
[B]Samana1[/B] said:
What for Company (section Tourism?) is the best to get succesfull?
The 64,000 USD question!

Montessorian, I think that your questions are beyond the scope of this board. Certainly Secretar?a de Estado de Educaci?n (Ministry of Education) regulates private schools. Rates are also "supervised" by SED (I've heard in the news).

I suggest you go personally to SED and find out. I don't think much information on this can be squeezed out of us.

:)

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Although you may have squeezed out all the Pibster can offer, you may want to go to the Legal Forum and ask Fabio for help in this matter. I have found him to be informative and I would guess he is at least as good as any other Dominican Attorney and he writes English better than most American and Canadians on this board which is a big plus. So ask him questions there and consider using him as your ATTORNEY if you are looking for one.