A comment on National Car Rental

T

Tom

As many people will look to renting cars when visiting DR, let me relate a short story.

On my last visit, I had a few problems with a National rental car which took up a day or so of my vacation.

On my up coming visit, the Manager of NAtional has emailed me 9 times, is keeping the office open an hour past normal (Due to my late flight) and providing a complimentary upgrade for my previous problems.

I have rented froma few others in the DR, NAtional has them all beat hands down, price, quality and service

Tom

A

Al Waggoner

Re: A comment on Avis Car Rental

For seven or eight years, we rented from National since they were generally the cheapest. Two years ago, however, they raised their rates and we found that Avis had significantly lower rates. Their service was good and their cars were generally in good condition. The didn't have the bald tires that we got one year with National which resulted in 7 flats in a month (we rent for a month each year).

Last year when our flight in to Puerto Plata was delayed for almost two hours, Avis kept the office open until almost midnight - just for us. Extraordinary service AND the lowest rates in the country.

National is good but Avis is better.

T

Tom

Re: A comment on Avis Car Rental

Seems I was reading on this board about an AVIS rental with 90,000 miles, broken knobs etc?

Can AVIS match a new mid size (Nissan Primera) for $240 per week?

Tom