U.S. Citizenship

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
I do not know of any US Gov. program for financial assistance to obtain US citizenship. But then again, why should their be? The cost of the applications comes out to a few hundred dollars.
Franky the thought that the US would grant citizenship to somebody that can't even save up such a little amount of money make would upset me very much.

Tony C.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Fiancial Assistance

Don't think so. The U.S. Govt. does the flip side of this equation to make it more difficult to enter the U.S. That's why there are so many wetbacks. Otherwise, there would be a flood of immigrants.

Note: the only time the U.S. will offer (covert) financial assistance is when it is in its own favor economically or is newsworthy for somebody having a very special skill or is extremely famous. Regards, PJT

espinalj

May 19, 2006
Citizenship Assistance

That goes to show how ignorant you guys are about your own country. For your information there is financial assistance for those immigrants who wish to become citizens. Remember that if it weren't for those whom you wish to call wet backs the economy in THIS country would be a lot worse. Instead of talking about the "wet backs" talk about the Cubans who come here and have everything delivered to them in a silver platter. You don't see any of them or you out in the sun doing any dirty work for chump change.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
espinalj said:
For your information there is financial assistance for those immigrants who wish to become citizens.
Can you provide any information regarding this assistance.

BTW, welcome to DR1!

Last edited:

Tuan

Aug 28, 2004
Don't diss the Cubans.

espinalj said:
Cubans who come here and have everything delivered to them in a silver platter. You don't see any of them or you out in the sun doing any dirty work for chump change.
Cubans went all over, not just to the US. Nearly 6 milliion escaped over the years -- there certainly weren't that many rich people in Cuba before Fidel.
A full generation and more of Cubans worked very hard and in the sun in the 1950s, 60s and even the 70s. The saved, gained wealth and power, and saved the city of Miami from the filth it had become in the 60s and 70s because of drugs and crime. I am not Cuban, but I know what a huge contribution they have made to the USA, and especially to Florida through their hard work, ambition and great family values.
Don't diss them!

Rick Snyder

Silver
Nov 19, 2003
Before all of you get into a pisxing contest about your nationality try to keep it on track and help the OP.

To my knowledge the "US Government" doesn't have a financial assistance program to help those wishing to immigrate to the US unless you hold a skill that they desire. There may be many ONG's out there that help, of which I'm not aware off the top of my head, but I doubt very seriously that the "US Government" will help.

Espinalj,
Welcome to DR1. If you wish to call any of our members "ignorant" then I suggest that you post those link that prove their ignorance.

Rick

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
espinalj said:
That goes to show how ignorant you guys are about your own country. For your information there is financial assistance for those immigrants who wish to become citizens. Remember that if it weren't for those whom you wish to call wet backs the economy in THIS country would be a lot worse. Instead of talking about the "wet backs" talk about the Cubans who come here and have everything delivered to them in a silver platter. You don't see any of them or you out in the sun doing any dirty work for chump change.

It sounds like somebody needs a towel.

;)

Scandall

Miamimike60

May 24, 2006
If you from Cuba, you CAN receive Aid

Ambiorix Paulin said:
Does anyone know if any financial assistance is offered by the U.S. to obtain Naturalization?

thanx for reading my post...

Under the 1966 Cuban Adjustment act. BTW, Children sent to the US from Cuba by themselves under the Pedro Pan Program received SSI(social security benefits) even though their parents NEVER payed one dime into the system. Talk about an inequity! I googled the subject and came up with this link ; I'm sure there are a lot more out there.

http://www.pww.org/article/articleview/8624/1/266/

Miamimike60

May 24, 2006
excerpt from the above link "The 1966 U.S. Cuban Adjustment (CAA) allows undocumented Cuban immigrants to stay and then, after a year, gain permanent residence. Upon arrival, they receive work permits, Social Security numbers and welfare benefits. During the 1960s, Washington spent over $1 billion helping newly arrived Cubans find jobs, homes and social services.

The effect has been to entice Cubans to cross the Florida Straits in small boats. The Cuban government says 15 percent of this population dies in the process. The scenario has come to include transportation services. Migrants each pay $8,000 to $12,000 for a pick-up off Cuba and a trip to Florida. Officials there are accused of turning a blind eye to institutionalized human smuggling."

Incidentally, one Cuban apprehended recently off the Florida coast running a smugglng operation in a Fast Boat related he had came to the USA only 3 months earlier via the smuggled route. One only has to wonder if this Mule, Coyote or whatever you want to call him was receiving any type of Goverment benefits while he was engaging in Immigrant smuggling. Another question has to be asked-if conditions are so dire and life-threatening in Cuba, why would a Cuban who came here 3 months earlier on a political asylum request, fearing for his life, return to Cuba so soon? Makes a logical mind question some Cuban's Asylum Motives....

Rick Snyder

Silver
Nov 19, 2003
Miamimike60,
You said “Under the 1966 Cuban Adjustment act. BTW, Children sent to the US from Cuba by themselves under the Pedro Pan Program received SSI(social security benefits) even though their parents NEVER payed one dime into the system. Talk about an inequity! I googled the subject and came up with this link ; I'm sure there are a lot more out there.”

You seem to be lost and wish to espouse Cuban immigration with the OP. Your arduous attempt to turn the purpose of this thread by your anfractuous ramblings with trifles will not proselytize the board members. As your ability to read is corroborated by your having “googled” then I would suggest that having once “googled” that you in fact read that which you have “googled” so that you may post the facts as they are presented in your “googled” material instead of the mendacious dribble you are striving to sow.

Rick

Miamimike60

May 24, 2006
Rick Snyder said:
Miamimike60,
You said ?Under the 1966 Cuban Adjustment act. BTW, Children sent to the US from Cuba by themselves under the Pedro Pan Program received SSI(social security benefits) even though their parents NEVER payed one dime into the system. Talk about an inequity! I googled the subject and came up with this link ; I'm sure there are a lot more out there.?

You seem to be lost and wish to espouse Cuban immigration with the OP. Your arduous attempt to turn the purpose of this thread by your anfractuous ramblings with trifles will not proselytize the board members. As your ability to read is corroborated by your having ?googled? then I would suggest that having once ?googled? that you in fact read that which you have ?googled? so that you may post the facts as they are presented in your ?googled? material instead of the mendacious dribble you are striving to sow.

Rick

Hey Rick, just the facts, BTW, I did read what I googled before posting the link! Have a Good Day, Thanks