I think I am going to wing it.

dale7

Apr 18, 2002
www.stores.ebay.com
I did some serious thinking and research in the last few days and I have decided that I will probably wing it. I guess I was just overwhelmed with the thought of traveling to another country with my limited Spanish and not knowing anyone there. I am going from May 16-21 and am going to stay at Boca Chica because that is the closest town to Santo Domingo with a beach. I can speak simple sentences and I will definitely bring my pocket translator and Spanish/English book. If there is going to be someone else there during that time I wouldn't mind meeting some fellow Americans since I will be all by my lonesome. I have a question though, does anyone know of some reputable nightclubs with great music in Boca Chica and Santo Domingo? In my research I have also read that in Boca Chica pick pocketing is very common, is that true? Musicqueen, I would post photos but I haven't purchased a digital camera yet, but again, I wouldn't want someone to respond to me because I am attractive. Thanks Jim for considering me to be intelligent, I usually don't hear that lol.

Jim Hinsch

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
geocities.com
I didn't say you were intelligent, it's that the only female Dominicans I know that speak English are the ones that are educated.

See www.BocaChicaBeach.net to read about Boca Chica. All the bars worth going to in Boca Chica are along the same street within a few blocks of eachother, plus the disco at the Hamaca Hotel.