Lifestyles Cofresi - An at home vacation?

judypdr

Jul 23, 2011
Costambar
Hello again! I'm all over the map this week with projects....

I have a friend coming the first week of May and I was thinking that maybe she might enjoy staying at an all inclusive instead of just hanging around my condo like she did last visit. Plus, I've never actually taken a vacation here (since a first visit in 1988) and I've been here 7 years. It looks like I can get a room with two queen beds for four nights/five days for $212 US. Has anyone else done this...? Take a vacation from your vacation (home) and enjoyed it? Is Lifestyles Cofresi the best (and reasonably priced) place? Should I go father afield since I live in Costambar? I'm not very strong so I'm thinking a trip to Santo Domingo or Samana would be too difficult for me. Just ideas? Thanks!

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I go to Lifestyles every 3 or 4 months to take a break from cooking, making my own bed and other monotonous activities . I'm not staying in a room and have access to all that is on offer so I can find a way to enjoy myself for 3 or 4 days. Any longer than that and I get a bit bored.

judypdr

Jul 23, 2011
Costambar
$55/night for a nice resort like Lifestyles sounds incredibly cheap(?).

Someone else posted something about Cheapcaribbean.com so I checked it... the price is only good for people with non-Dominican passports or so I think. Anyway, yeah, really good price. Not even sure I can cook for that :)

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Someone else posted something about Cheapcaribbean.com so I checked it... the price is only good for people with non-Dominican passports or so I think. Anyway, yeah, really good price. Not even sure I can cook for that :)

I'm really amazed that they can get away with not offering these discounts to Dominicans, but at that price I'd say go for it!

judypdr

Jul 23, 2011
Costambar
I'm really amazed that they can get away with not offering these discounts to Dominicans, but at that price I'd say go for it!

Technically it doesn't say non-dominican but it does say the passport has to be us, canadian or european and that the person has to live there and have a credit card billed there! So I guess that's how they get around being discriminatory. Technically, I live here but my passport might let me squeeze in.. anyone know for sure? will they check my entry date, for example?

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
...the AIs in Playa Dorado offer Dominicans weekend special rates...makes for a more lively weekend and fills the place up...if you check in with a Dominican name the hotel checks your room at check out for missing items..........Doc........

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Technically it doesn't say non-dominican but it does say the passport has to be us, canadian or european and that the person has to live there and have a credit card billed there! So I guess that's how they get around being discriminatory. Technically, I live here but my passport might let me squeeze in.. anyone know for sure? will they check my entry date, for example?

Passport has to be US, Canadian or Euro. They won’t look at the dates in your passport, we drove there from our house on south coast months after we arrived. As I said in other thread, only glitch is husbands shows DR birth, but ultimately was not an issue

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
Hello again! I'm all over the map this week with projects....

I have a friend coming the first week of May and I was thinking that maybe she might enjoy staying at an all inclusive instead of just hanging around my condo like she did last visit. Plus, I've never actually taken a vacation here (since a first visit in 1988) and I've been here 7 years. It looks like I can get a room with two queen beds for four nights/five days for $212 US. Has anyone else done this...? Take a vacation from your vacation (home) and enjoyed it? Is Lifestyles Cofresi the best (and reasonably priced) place? Should I go father afield since I live in Costambar? I'm not very strong so I'm thinking a trip to Santo Domingo or Samana would be too difficult for me. Just ideas? Thanks!

That is a good price. I did a quick check on a couple of other sites and the best was $250 for 4 nights.

Jan 17, 2009
Isn't this to try to sell you a timeshare ???  Sure Dominicans would be less likely to show any interest in such an offer.