Mini Mall in El Cortecito

nj71

Mar 29, 2016
Did that mini mall open up near Sol Tropical in the center of El Cortecito?

nj71

Mar 29, 2016
Really, It's been like 3 years. What is going on? We are going to be there in April and was looking forward to it be open. Thank you for seeing my last post and putting it up. Happy someone was looking.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Opening ? What happens quite often is the developer runs out of money/funding sources, indebtedness, business partner infighting, somebody files a lawsuit, government officials are not on board to authorize and favor continuing .....and a combination of all of the previous.

Regards,

PJT

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
The Mini Mall hasn't open and may never open, only time will tell.

What has open is the Downtown Mall:

[video=youtube;K8dK4QS09Qs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8dK4QS09Qs[/video]

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Blue Mall Punta Cana is also open for business. This is the latest amateur video. Some young guy roaming through the parking lot, but notice there's a decent amount of cars. This is the largest mall east of Santo Domingo.

[video=youtube;lCW3hC9-Z20]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCW3hC9-Z20[/video]

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
If it's the one I'm thinking it has pretty much shut down at approx the 25% stage. From the names attached to it my guess is it's just another real estate fraud.
Hope you didn't invest to much into it.

Wheathead

Sep 10, 2011
If it's the one I'm thinking it has pretty much shut down at approx the 25% stage. From the names attached to it my guess is it's just another real estate fraud.
Hope you didn't invest to much into it.

Currently it is 3 floors of concrete and pillars.  I haven't seen any workers in over a year.
Would have been nice to see some walls so it could at least be converted to a shelter for squaters. (They would certainly add color to the building on laundry day)

Jan 7, 2016
A WORD OF CAUTION for any persons utilizing the new Hard Rock Cafe patio at Blue Mall: Beware of the sudden step down from the interior of the restaurant. Our neighbor fell-down and sprained BOTH ankles and had to be taken to Hospiten Hospital in Veron by the manager of the Hard Rock. They need to mark it better as one doesn't notice the difference in the levels until it's too late!

healimonster

Sep 29, 2015
I too am very interested in this mini mall but I have no hopes for it's success.

I travel to this area at least twice a year and the development has been very slow.
I will say the development has been consistent at least. Months may go by with no action but if you look at it from an annual scale there is constant progress. First it was a dirt lot that was leveled. Then a bunch of workers doing construction. It is now a locked down construction site with three floors of a concrete structure and not a bunch of wood scaffolding like it was last year. The rumor on the street is that they were approved for a 4th floor and that will be a food court. There was no workers at the place the last two work days. I would expect the place to open in 2 to 3 years and go out of business approximately 1 year after it opens. Actually I take that back. The speed of this construction suggests that it is being paid for in realistic steps when the developer has money. Most likely it is not being developed with a large initial seed of investors. Which will mean that when it is done it can operate with little income from it's tenants. Otherwise this place is doomed doomed doomed. There is no need for a high end mini mall in this area. I look forward to seeing it open.