Legalising Documents & Medical Exam

arroyodmb

Mar 13, 2002
Is there anyone who has lately gone to the "Procudaria General" to legalise documents such as the "Solvencia" or letter of Garantor? Who can tell me how much they are charging per document and if it is still possible to have the process done on the same day or does one have to return another day?

Also I would like to know how much they are currently charging for the Medical Exam for the "Residencia Definitiva"? Have a long way to travel and prefer to be prepared.

Thank you for your consideration and other helpful information gleaned from this message board.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Documents and more

Go there with many pesos.

The cost per document is around 400-500 pesos to have them legalized at the Procudaria General. The actual cost escapes me at this time, but it was in the latter range. You buy the stamps at the windows to your left in the building's lobby. Then you proceed to have them rubber stamped in another office (don't know where in the bldg, a friend did the leg work) There is same day service if you get there early.

Side Note: Are you aware that some of your documents also need to be legalized at the Cancilleria. Such as a translated birth certificate.

The medical exam costs 1,000 pesos., consists of blood screening, blood pressure, urinalysis tests on site at immigration. A chest x-ray is done at a private lab under contract with the govt. at a separate location at no additional cost. They will provide you with a map.

Be at immigration early in am for the tests to insure that it can be done all in the same day.

Regards, PJT

Another side note: All major govt buildings will allow you in for business provided that you are dressed properly. Men: That means wear long pants and shirts with sleeves. Women: Appropriate business casual dresses and/or slacks, no sleeveless blouses at all. The shoulders and upper arms must be covered. Don't look like you just come up from the beach. Some of the locations will also require passing through a security check. Leave your guns and knives at home.

arroyodmb

Mar 13, 2002
Thank you PJT for your quick answer, it confirms some information we got from a not so reliable source.

The last time we were there it was under a different government and the system could have changed. We did our own leg work then and I will be going by myself this time. And hope to cover as much as possible in one day.

I am "from 'el Campo' " will leave my machete behind.