Forbidden error

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 403 error Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle this request.

Trying to access www.dr1.com and get get the above error on only one of my computers. Wife uses this device to surf dr1 without an account. Was working fine yesterday. dr1 appears to be the only site that produces this error.

I can connect to dr1 just fine with the other two computers.

I've tried everything I can think of. Cleared caches, tried a different browser, disabled all pluig-ins etc no luck.

Any suggestions?

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Manually type in dr1.com/forums and nothing else, and it should be fine and come right up
.. until its resolved eventually

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Thx for the suggestion, tried that already once or twice and again just now, doesn't work for me.

Jan 9, 2004
Happening for several days on both my Ipad and Iphone.

Laptop and desktop....no problems.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I’m using iPhone and have had all of the above, plus logging me out and telling me I don’t have permission. Oh and token expired   

Plus odd cloudflare error, trying to connect to DR1.comm. With 2 m’s. 

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Give me a few more days to resolve these issues. The fallout from a massive bot attack.
I'm surprised you didn't shut it down for a while, or at least start banning IP ranges...

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I'm surprised you didn't shut it down for a while, or at least start banning IP ranges...

If it was as easy as banning IP's we wouldn't have a problem.

But...

Not so easy when you have a botnet (1,000's) using multiple IP's. Even more so when they are spoofing the IP's or have infected legit hosts.

Fortunately we use Cloudflare, who are very proactive, which helps take care of most of the little buggers!

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
add me to the list. started this afternoon with IE11.........

I switched to Microsoft Edge and no problems

Also no problems if i use Chrome

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Problem went away, now problem is back with IE11.

edit: no sooner than I posted the above the problem went away. I guess it lasted a total of ten minutes.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
When doing what? Posting, surfing, searching, liking?????

I have a pinned tab that I click that takes me directly to dr1 forums page. I believe it was two days ago when i clicked that tab i got the Forbidden message. Sometime last night the problem went away and i was able to click and go directly to the forums page.

About two hours ago the problem came back but it only lasted around ten minutes and everything now seems back to normal.

Also two days ago I might get Forbidden with Edge while Chrome was no problem. I tried to pinpoint what was going on but is was so erratic it got me confused.

Whatever was done last night seemed to fix things up except for that brief ten minutes today.

edit: forgot to mention using IE11 for pinned tab dr1

Last edited:

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Can Cloudflare block Asian Calligraphy ? - seems i have heard something about this - would be a simple solution for an English website using Western fonts

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Can Cloudflare block Asian Calligraphy ? - seems i have heard something about this - would be a simple solution for an English website using Western fonts

I never heard about Cloudflare until this morning. I couldn't access dr1 but got a message diagram showing my pc, green check............ cloudflare, green check, and dr1 a red x. I wish i had taken a screen shot. So my guess is, at least with me, cloudflare is in use but didn't do a thing to get rid of Rocket Man.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
I never heard about Cloudflare until this morning. I couldn't access dr1 but got a message diagram showing my pc, green check............ cloudflare, green check, and dr1 a red x. I wish i had taken a screen shot. So my guess is, at least with me, cloudflare is in use but didn't do a thing to get rid of Rocket Man.
Cloudflare is not majik. It distributes content so it's served as close to the customer as techniocally possible. It can prevend *some* DDOS and other attacks. But if a given server is in the crosshairs Cloudflare won't stop it.

I use Cloudflare on all our web projects that are either international in nature (wide distribution) or have heavy graphics (pics take longer to load, better to store them close to who fetches them.) MotoCaribe uses Cloudflare combines with something called Wordfence, CF being the distribiutor and WF being security...

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
@ CB, don't know where or how this Cloudfare came into play but somehow it is in use when i log onto dr1. I am just a bit annoyed i didn't do the screenshot.

Cloudflare is not majik. It distributes content so it's served as close to the customer as techniocally possible. It can prevend *some* DDOS and other attacks. But if a given server is in the crosshairs Cloudflare won't stop it.

I use Cloudflare on all our web projects that are either international in nature (wide distribution) or have heavy graphics (pics take longer to load, better to store them close to who fetches them.) MotoCaribe uses Cloudflare combines with something called Wordfence, CF being the distribiutor and WF being security...

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
@ CB, don't know where or how this Cloudfare came into play but somehow it is in use when i log onto dr1. I am just a bit annoyed i didn't do the screenshot.
It's the closest contracted server to where your innerweb connection is. Cloudflare is a distributive network designed so a website is assured the highest speed and lowest ping. DR1 pays CF for this service.

Cloudflare is NOT the problem DR1 is dealing with.

There is little, if anything, that DR1 can do.

I've gotten the error messages myself.