Need a Dermatologist in Santiago?

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Years if broiling in the hot Florida sun on the water damaged this fair-skinned boy's skin in a big way. I literally quit sailing cold turkey when my dermatologist, a good friend, told me "Robert, if you don't get out of the sun forever you will die, but not before you buy me a new Mercedes first."

Like many fair-skinned males, I have had pre-cancerous Actinic Keratoses for 30 years along with numerous biopsies, all negative---fortunately. I've used so much liquid nitrogen along the way I could open a fast-freeze ice cream factory.

But like many, finding a dermatologist in Santiago has been a problem, especially since few use perform cryotherapy because it leaves pink spots on darker skin. I very much prefer cryo to laser both from comfort as well as results. Besides, I'm already pink so no big deal.

Well, I was referred to a dermatologist in Santiago that is as excellent as my doc back in St. Petersburg Bch. She speaks excellent English, has an outstanding "bedside manner" and performed a masterful job at cryo today, about 25 spots.

It doesn't hurt that she is also a classic beauty with a huge smile who reminds me a lot of Sally Fields.

Her name is Alfonsina Decamps Solano and her office is on the second floor of the Coriminas Clinic Annex behind the main clinic.

If you're interested in trying a new dermatologist, drop me a PM and I'll pass on her phone. She said folks I know can email her for an appointment, so I'll offer her e-addy if you'd like.

Excellent experience today!

m.saintjames

Aug 23, 2018
Hola Cobraboy,

Could you please send me Dr. Solano's email address?

I am also fair-skinned boy with a long history of being sprayed with liquid nitrogen. I need a doctor who speaks English and knows white skin.

Thanks, Michael

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
M St James

Read my post 'Medical Stuff' for an insight into melanoma.

for the uninitiated - 50% of the over 60 population HAS melanoma... not 'Will Get'

whether it rears it's ugly head is the question.
Big article in the NYTimes today on immunotherapy and melanoma spreading to the brain

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/22/...ml?rref=collection/sectioncollection/business

I see one every 9 months or so...dermatologist

BTW - DR has no melanoma drugs..... they sent me off island for treatment