direct express debit card

mrombro

Mar 20, 2018
Hello,
I was wondering if anyone could share information about the direct express SS retirement benefits CARD. Which banks and AtMs CAN YOU USE IT AT, which are free, which retailers give extra cash with purchase, which banks -businesses can you use to get cash using the card nor using the machine 'from bank tellers etc.... if AND WHAT I.D. DO THEY REQUIRE and other helpful hints, tips info about the card. thanks

Mike Rombro

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
Hello,
I was wondering if anyone could share information about the direct express SS retirement benefits CARD. Which banks and AtMs CAN YOU USE IT AT, which are free, which retailers give extra cash with purchase, which banks -businesses can you use to get cash using the card nor using the machine 'from bank tellers etc.... if AND WHAT I.D. DO THEY REQUIRE and other helpful hints, tips info about the card. thanks

Mike Rombro

...Well hate to tell you but the rules on all cards like that one have changed about 1 month ago...never saw any that were free in the DR....all the banks here will no longer give you large cash advances at a teller, the best way, and also the bank the card is drawn on charges a huge fee for you to get money here, thats anyway you can...even at a store for a purchase....the bank that told me the bad news is my bank, 2 accounts, know the manager anyway big meltdown...wouldnt recomend using any card more than a few times a month...I am still looking for a way to replace how I used that card at the bank.......Doc.....

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
or switch to deposit...

Canadians can get Direct Deposit to their RD accounts.... my friend does

USA?? Don't know

I'll be applying in April for my Cdn ones

mrombro

Mar 20, 2018
Thanks for the info. Is your card a debit master card where your social security retirement payment is deposited to? Their current website says you can get cash at any bank that displays the mastercard logo. Is it Direct Express master card through Comerica bank?

mrombro

Mar 20, 2018
Another question Doc.
When you say large cash advances are you saying they do give smaller advances and if so any idea what the approximate limit might be?
Mike