Summer Internship with Pay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nrg2003

Jul 25, 2017
Would anyone happen to know of any (or if you own a business and you might be interested in) paid summer internships for foreigners? Thanks!  

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Please note it would be illegal for a foreigner to work for a a business without having a work visa or residency in the Dominican Republic. In your case, a work visa would seem to be the best option.

Your question is far too general. In what career are you looking for an internship?

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
When I was young, an internship was basically a volunteer position where you received knowledge and training. In return you gave up your time to require this knowledge. It was a win/win situation for everyone involved.
I find great humor in your inquiry to get a paid internship on a Caribbean Island. We had several words (mostly derogatory and insulting) for this type of request years ago.
I would share them with you but I have been disciplined in the past for insulting people with limited intelligence.
The best I can do is wish you good luck while I go get a cocktail and share this with my wife.

nrg2003

Jul 25, 2017
Please note it would be illegal for a foreigner to work for a a business without having a work visa or residency in the Dominican Republic. In your case, a work visa would seem to be the best option.

Your question is far too general. In what career are you looking for an internship?

Real estate. I think you can work an unpaid internship DR (you're right pay may be complicated but under the table who knows).  The issue with a work visa is all about money. 

When I was young, an internship was basically a volunteer position where you received knowledge and training. In return you gave up your time to require this knowledge. It was a win/win situation for everyone involved.
I find great humor in your inquiry to get a paid internship on a Caribbean Island. We had several words (mostly derogatory and insulting) for this type of request years ago.
I would share them with you but I have been disciplined in the past for insulting people with limited intelligence.
The best I can do is wish you good luck while I go get a cocktail and share this with my wife.

Please. I find great humor in the fact that you enjoy seeing your wife get railed by younger Dominican men. Now go back to being a cuck especially since you don't have anything to contribute to my inquiry. 

mofongoloco

Silver
Feb 7, 2013
NRG, I'm just a tourist, not resident. But I can assure you there is no such thing as a paid internship for foreigners in real estate or any other field. There is no training per se for real estate. Nothing like the two week course then you take the test then get hired by a broker on commission status. There is nothing like that for non residents. good luck.

Assuming that you are young...Consider this thread an unpaid internship. You just learned how NOT to interact with people. Your response to Melphis screams millennial.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Real estate. I think you can work an unpaid internship DR (you're right pay may be complicated but under the table who knows).  The issue with a work visa is all about money

I'd be interested in getting a work visa and I have access to money if that will help me. Can you tell me how that works?

Status
Not open for further replies.