just don't fly justfly.com

Eskimo

Mar 3, 2018
Just don't fly justfly.com. My wife and I used justfly.com to book a round trip from Newark to the Dominican Republic. We picked flights with times and dates to fit our work schedules and available time off. We specifically dud not check the flexible dates box. We double checked the times and dates, entered the credit card info and bought the tickets. Next morning, i checked the confirmation email from justfly.com and saw that they reserved us on different flights than we had selected. The justfly website does not have a phone number. We called the airline (United), were told the best they could do was refund our airfare minus the justfly "travel agent" fee of $125. They gave us a customer service number for justfly.com. We called and they claimed to be exempt from FAA regulations requiring airlines to refund without charge within 24 hours on reservations made more than a week in advance. They would not change our tickets to the dates we had selected, and they would not give us a refund without deducting a $125 fee. With some inconvenience and the cost of a night at an airport hotel, we were able to make it work, just barely. Because of the changed dates, my wife had to take a connecting flight home without me. She made the mistake of using justfly.com again, reserving on an evening flight 4 hours after our scheduled landing. Sure enough, the flight they gave her was different, leaving Newark before our first flight left the DR. Another csll to justfly.com and the same stonewalling. $77 for a cheap fare utterly wasted.

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
The justfly website does not have a phone number. We called the airline (United), were told the best they could do was refund our airfare minus the justfly "travel agent" fee of $125. They gave us a customer service number for justfly.com.

You don't mention the customer service number from JustFly.com, but I was able to find a telephone number pretty easily (unless they have today changed their website of course...) under https://www.justfly.com/service/support and on the landing page as well...

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Just don't fly justfly.com. My wife and I used justfly.com to book a round trip from Newark to the Dominican Republic. We picked flights with times and dates to fit our work schedules and available time off. We specifically dud not check the flexible dates box. We double checked the times and dates, entered the credit card info and bought the tickets. Next morning, i checked the confirmation email from justfly.com and saw that they reserved us on different flights than we had selected. The justfly website does not have a phone number. We called the airline (United), were told the best they could do was refund our airfare minus the justfly "travel agent" fee of $125. They gave us a customer service number for justfly.com. We called and they claimed to be exempt from FAA regulations requiring airlines to refund without charge within 24 hours on reservations made more than a week in advance. They would not change our tickets to the dates we had selected, and they would not give us a refund without deducting a $125 fee. With some inconvenience and the cost of a night at an airport hotel, we were able to make it work, just barely. Because of the changed dates, my wife had to take a connecting flight home without me. She made the mistake of using justfly.com again, reserving on an evening flight 4 hours after our scheduled landing. Sure enough, the flight they gave her was different, leaving Newark before our first flight left the DR. Another csll to justfly.com and the same stonewalling. $77 for a cheap fare utterly wasted.

Good info. As a side note my parents knew people with children who would always fly separately so if there was an accident one would survive.

No Place Like Home

Jul 9, 2013
I'm going through a similar thing with Thrifty car rental. Went online and reserved a car (in the States) and noticed the insurance was very cheap. I jumped on it. Before completing the reservation and verified all the dates, times and cost. Email confirmation arrived. I went online to check my reservation. No reservation found. Contacted Thrifty and told them this is goofy please cancel my reservation. They said we see your reservation but we can't cancel it you must contact milescarrental.com. WHAT!! Contacted them online with online chat they can not find my reservation and was given another site to go to, lac.thrifty.com WHAT!!!. Contacted them and no record of the reservation. Was told to send email to another place. Heard back and I asked them to cancel my reservation and insurance. They said we can't because you booked this from the Dominincan Reopublic. WHATT!!!!! Crazy, never had this problem in 11 years of living here.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Good info. As a side note my parents knew people with children who would always fly separately so if there was an accident one would survive.

Did they also do that for car journeys, which are statistically considerably more dangerous?

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
I have read shady reviews of this site online, which is why I always book directly with the airline, or a trusted third party such as expedia.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Eskimo is ON point ...this company is notorious for complaints against it, having earned an " F" Rating by the BBB
check out this 2016 video and warning.
[video=youtube;OvmrG7McIgE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvmrG7McIgE[/video]

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010

Why would you book a flight that is not an official airline site? Why would you pay a booking fee? You can't find cheaper flights than those listed by a specific airline on their own sites. Don't waste your time thinking you're getting a deal. This is not like shopping around for hotel rooms. Be an educated consumer. Don't waste your time on discount airline sites. You can compare pricing on these sites but always book at the official airlines web-site. Your story is exactly what I'm talking about. Lesson learned the hard way.