LADIES ONLY Repair antique clocks

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
Does anybody know of a true clock craftsperson who can repair antique clocks? One is a box clock from the 1930s and the other is a French desk clock, c. 1900. One doesn't run; the other's chimes are getting fainter and fainter.

Preferably on North Coast, but I'll go to Santiago. The Capital doesn't really help me much.

Thanks in advance.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
I have some information for you from a male poster so I am posting it on his behalf.

"I know of a couple of others in Santo Domingo. One is in Plaza Central on the first floor, the other is in Plaza Luperon on the west side first floor. There is another in Jumbo Luperon, but it's not the principle office. You leave it there and they send it to their shop.

They have done various clock repairs for me. Unfortunately, the cost is almost as much as the clock is worth.

All of my clocks are late 1800/early 1900 3 spring models with various chime options, but are still not that valuable.

Your clocks need regular maintenance which will run around 4-5 thousand pesos. I don't think I'd take one to Cartier; I bet they would send it to one of the guys I mentioned."

Matilda

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
I have some information for you from a male poster so I am posting it on his behalf.

Matilda

TKU for sharing & trying to find info. Especially with the Mars quotient. I will wait until my great friend Humberto returns from Amsterdam after Semana Santa. He grew up in Stgo and his mother (may she live to 120) knows everything, and I bet she can help.