Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: BEST RESORT FOR KIDS IN BAVARO

  1. #11
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,508
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chirimoya View Post
    Interchangeably with Punta Cana.
    Not necessarily.

  2. #12
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    17,014
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    To be more precise: The locals do tend to call it Bavaro but many also say Punta Cana as a general reference to the East Coast. The tourist industry promotes the whole area using both names. Several resorts in Bavaro and Uvero Alto bear the name Punta Cana.
    Moderator East Coast Forum


    www.DR1.com

  3. #13
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,082
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Clearly, the OPs question has been lost to the current discussion "that depends on what your definition of 'is' is."

  4. #14
    Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    89
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I checked Nickelodeon online and its quite expensive the rooms. Are there any day pases you can buy and let the kids use the rides and play with the characters and stuff like that? Just asking for a friend.

  5. #15
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,508
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chirimoya View Post
    To be more precise: The locals do tend to call it Bavaro but many also say Punta Cana as a general reference to the East Coast. The tourist industry promotes the whole area using both names. Several resorts in Bavaro and Uvero Alto bear the name Punta Cana.
    Yes, the locals. As in Dominicans. West of Santo Domingo it is referred to as either Bavaro or the east. Locals or those with Dominican ties would understand.

  6. #16
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,508
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Nickelodeon hands down is the best for children, but it is not the best for the parent's pockets, bank accounts, or credit cards. Yes, it is very pricey, but also a huge draw for younger children, in a market that many developers overlook.

  7. Likes Auryn liked this post
  8. #17
    Silver
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,614
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Went I first arrived in Punta Cana (PUJ) in 1989 we all called it Punta Cana.
    There were two hotels.
    Club Med and Bavaro Beach Resort. (maybe Punta Cana Beach resort too.)
    Bavaro Beach resort was extremely popular with both the Canadian and the European markets.
    As the hotel chains started constructing and moving in, they all incorporated "Bavaro" into their name in order to gain a marketing advantage with an existing and loved product. (Apparently the name "Bavaro" had not been protected by the Barcelo group)
    Anyway, as time marched on....
    The Rainieri group began to invest more heavily (if that is possible) and heavily marketed Punta Cana as their own very exclusive zone. In order to differentiate the two areas and seeing as everything was already called Bavaro anyway...
    Well, you know the rest of the story.
    Bavaro is the name of the beach alongside of which is constructed the Bavaro Beach Resort. (I'm pretty sure.)

  9. #18
    Gold
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,767
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crytonb99 View Post
    I checked Nickelodeon online and its quite expensive the rooms. Are there any day pases you can buy and let the kids use the rides and play with the characters and stuff like that? Just asking for a friend.
    Memories Splash...........water park for kids of all ages.........and nowhere near Nickelodeon pricing.


    Respectfully,
    Playacaribe2

  10. Likes Auryn liked this post
  11. #19
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,508
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flyinroom View Post
    Went I first arrived in Punta Cana (PUJ) in 1989 we all called it Punta Cana.
    There were two hotels.
    Club Med and Bavaro Beach Resort. (maybe Punta Cana Beach resort too.)
    Bavaro Beach resort was extremely popular with both the Canadian and the European markets.
    As the hotel chains started constructing and moving in, they all incorporated "Bavaro" into their name in order to gain a marketing advantage with an existing and loved product. (Apparently the name "Bavaro" had not been protected by the Barcelo group)
    Anyway, as time marched on....
    The Rainieri group began to invest more heavily (if that is possible) and heavily marketed Punta Cana as their own very exclusive zone. In order to differentiate the two areas and seeing as everything was already called Bavaro anyway...
    Well, you know the rest of the story.
    Bavaro is the name of the beach alongside of which is constructed the Bavaro Beach Resort. (I'm pretty sure.)
    Are you Dominican or an expatriate from elsewhere?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •