BEST RESORT FOR KIDS IN BAVARO

nj71

Mar 29, 2016
Any suggestions for good resorts for kids and day passes? We looked at the Barceló Bavaro Palace. Looks good for the kids.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Its in Uvero Alto. 20 minutes from Bavaro. The Bahie has a newer kids section now as well.

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
Wow. When I went to school, I learned how to read and comprehend. The OP wants Bavaro, probably because they want to be able to go places off the resort and not need a car. I'm not certain if that why the OP wants Bavaro, but how about we actually give them the info they ask for, and save the snarky comments?
okay its 15minutes down the road b.... kids love it... trust me ..its all about the kids .... did you go to school to figure that out????

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Bavaro and Punta Cana is generally understood to mean the East Coast tourist region from Uvero Alto to Cap Cana. It can be confusing sometimes.

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
You're inferring that's what the OP meant, but I get your point.
Bavaro and Punta Cana is generally understood to mean the East Coast tourist region from Uvero Alto to Cap Cana. It can be confusing sometimes.

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017

Dominicans as a whole refer to this part of our country as Bavaro.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
To be more precise: The locals do tend to call it Bavaro but many also say Punta Cana as a general reference to the East Coast. The tourist industry promotes the whole area using both names. Several resorts in Bavaro and Uvero Alto bear the name Punta Cana.

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
Clearly, the OPs question has been lost to the current discussion "that depends on what your definition of 'is' is."

Crytonb99

Jan 25, 2010
I checked Nickelodeon online and its quite expensive the rooms. Are there any day pases you can buy and let the kids use the rides and play with the characters and stuff like that? Just asking for a friend.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
To be more precise: The locals do tend to call it Bavaro but many also say Punta Cana as a general reference to the East Coast. The tourist industry promotes the whole area using both names. Several resorts in Bavaro and Uvero Alto bear the name Punta Cana.

Yes, the locals. As in Dominicans. West of Santo Domingo it is referred to as either Bavaro or the east. Locals or those with Dominican ties would understand.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Nickelodeon hands down is the best for children, but it is not the best for the parent's pockets, bank accounts, or credit cards. Yes, it is very pricey, but also a huge draw for younger children, in a market that many developers overlook.

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
Went I first arrived in Punta Cana (PUJ) in 1989 we all called it Punta Cana.
There were two hotels.
Club Med and Bavaro Beach Resort. (maybe Punta Cana Beach resort too.)
Bavaro Beach resort was extremely popular with both the Canadian and the European markets.
As the hotel chains started constructing and moving in, they all incorporated "Bavaro" into their name in order to gain a marketing advantage with an existing and loved product. (Apparently the name "Bavaro" had not been protected by the Barcelo group)
Anyway, as time marched on....
The Rainieri group began to invest more heavily (if that is possible) and heavily marketed Punta Cana as their own very exclusive zone. In order to differentiate the two areas and seeing as everything was already called Bavaro anyway...
Well, you know the rest of the story.
Bavaro is the name of the beach alongside of which is constructed the Bavaro Beach Resort. (I'm pretty sure.)

Jan 9, 2004
I checked Nickelodeon online and its quite expensive the rooms. Are there any day pases you can buy and let the kids use the rides and play with the characters and stuff like that? Just asking for a friend.

Memories Splash...........water park for kids of all ages.........and nowhere near Nickelodeon pricing.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Went I first arrived in Punta Cana (PUJ) in 1989 we all called it Punta Cana.
There were two hotels.
Club Med and Bavaro Beach Resort. (maybe Punta Cana Beach resort too.)
Bavaro Beach resort was extremely popular with both the Canadian and the European markets.
As the hotel chains started constructing and moving in, they all incorporated "Bavaro" into their name in order to gain a marketing advantage with an existing and loved product. (Apparently the name "Bavaro" had not been protected by the Barcelo group)
Anyway, as time marched on....
The Rainieri group began to invest more heavily (if that is possible) and heavily marketed Punta Cana as their own very exclusive zone. In order to differentiate the two areas and seeing as everything was already called Bavaro anyway...
Well, you know the rest of the story.
Bavaro is the name of the beach alongside of which is constructed the Bavaro Beach Resort. (I'm pretty sure.)

Are you Dominican or an expatriate from elsewhere?