Uber from P-Plata to San Francisco de Macoris or Tenares

DR_DEFENDER

Jan 8, 2002
Hi all,

I've read the thread on Uber but didn't find any relevant answer to the question I am about to ask.

Does anyone one know how much it costs for a ride from PP to either San Francisco de Macoris or Tenares for that matter? I am planning to be in the PP area and would like to ride down to SFM or Tenares and would like to know if it's worth it and safe for that matter. Thank you all in advance.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
At the time of this post, the Uber app is quoting a cost of between $RD 2208 - 2956. Downtown to downtown.

DR_DEFENDER

Jan 8, 2002
One last question about Uber and the app. Can I use the app I use in the states in DR just the same without any changes?

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
It's the same app, same credit card (or cash if you prefer). It will just take a minute or two to gps your new location and you're off to the races.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
After you select the pick up point and the destination, look to the bottom left of the screen. You should see your credit card. Touch there and the various payment options pop up.

You must select a payment method before you press confirm. In this case select cash.

Last edited:

KatwillNY

Jun 15, 2018
having recently driven Sosusa-Tenares and it took me almost 2 hours due to the road being in such bad shape, even the higher end of the scale is not a bad fare. Id pay it in a heart beat and not subject myself or car to those pot holes.

Waitman

DR1
Dec 12, 2016
waitman.net
I took an Uber from SD to Punta Cana over 1 year ago, i think it was around 5,000 if my memory is correct. Which was 1/2 the cost of a taxi. May be different now. The kid's car broke down 1/2 way and I was stuck on the highway for about 2 hours. Uber charged alot more for the time and I complained, they finally refunded me. But they acted like it was my fault I was sitting on the highway for 2 hours. Also, there was no Uber in Punta Cana at that time - so no Uber back to SD.

Another thing about Uber - I took one to the airport, it did not charge me until I had an internet connection, which was in puerto rico. They tried to charge me the DOP amount in USD, whatever it was like 1200? because I was in PR at the time it charged. Again they acted like this was my fault somehow but I think I finally convinced them they had a bug (?) this was not recent, so hopefully it doesn't happen. you have to watch the charges! :)

I believe Uber is cheaper now than it was early 2017. But they tend to take too long to show up and they aren't that much cheaper than a taxi. I can call a taxi and it shows up in 3 to 5 minutes every time, uber is like 20-30 minutes after 2 cancellations, or the guy is just sitting there for some reason. taxi is a little more money, but it's not like crazy more.