Real Time Traffic Updates

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
If anyone not know, that Google Maps just released update that now works international so if you are in DR and want to check the traffic update in DR, you can just open the Google Maps app and see it there 24/7. This will be very useful for anyone who is in DR.

Thanks

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
I checked it and it works for the DR, but not for Haiti or Cuba. In Cuba is probably because there are no traffic jams, but in Haiti traffic can be slow in Port-au-Prince and yet, nothing. I guess the international part still has some limitations.

It works in Puerto Rico, Central America, Mexico, etc.

Santo Domingo a few seconds ago:

SD1.jpg

Puerto Plata:

PP1.jpg

Vega Real of the Cibao Valley:

VR1.jpg

See how it works for DR and PR, but not for Haiti.

AT1.jpg

Last edited:

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I used it a few times in SD. It is pretty accurate, but not perfect. If you are using it for directions it will give you an alternate route when there is traffic ahead. You can then decline the alternate route or switch to it.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
We used in in Santo Domingo yesterday. Dead-on accurate.

We were literally stopped, nop movement, for 30 minutes on Lincoln just south of 27 Febrero. There was no accident, zero, nada. Just too many vehiocles competing for too little street.

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005
The best app for avoiding traffic is Waze.....it works a treat all over the world
If anyone not know, that Google Maps just released update that now works international so if you are in DR and want to check the traffic update in DR, you can just open the Google Maps app and see it there 24/7. This will be very useful for anyone who is in DR.

Thanks