Promised boats for Boca de Yuma fishermen

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Does anyone have knowledge if any of the boats promised by the government for the fishermen of Boca de Yuma have been delivered ?

They are supposed to receive 20 small boats with motors, a 55 foot boat and a refrigerated truck. This promise also includes a food storage warehouse.

The President/government is making many promises to all business sectors to signal it wants to improve the economy. Yet, are they Dominican promises, long on word and short on delivery ?

Regards,

PJT

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Does anyone have knowledge if any of the boats promised by the government for the fishermen of Boca de Yuma have been delivered ?

They are supposed to receive 20 small boats with motors, a 55 foot boat and a refrigerated truck. This promise also includes a food storage warehouse.

The President/government is making many promises to all business sectors to signal it wants to improve the economy. Yet, are they Dominican promises, long on word and short on delivery ?

Regards,

PJT

When what freezes over???? Don't think that can happen in the DR?????

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
That's one if the strangest election promises I have ever heard. If they actually delivered on it I see some really big problems.
First the locals would sell it all and if they didn't who would manage and look after all this.
It really is like living in a cartoon here.

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012

Regards,

PJT

I believe you have your answer.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
That's one if the strangest election promises I have ever heard. If they actually delivered on it I see some really big problems.
First the locals would sell it all and if they didn't who would manage and look after all this.
It really is like living in a cartoon here.

The concern is what almost always happens in the country. Gov't builds housing in projects for poor and displaced persons. Yet, the public learns some of the units when ready to be occupied are titled to gov't officials, family, and cronies. Who is to say all the boats are going to be delivered to the intended? Suspect the amount delivered will come up short on that promised.

Somebody other than Boca de Yuma fishermen may have a boat and motor stored at their holiday villa.

Regards,

PJT