Renewal temporary residency

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
Has anyone done this lately and could you tell me the procedure? Do you have to do all the paperwork again?
Thanks.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
My was permanent to permanent. (4 years to 4 years). I talked to a few people in my 5 hour wait at DGM and it sounds familiar but check with the DGM office in your area as it's always a moving target.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Has anyone done this lately and could you tell me the procedure? Do you have to do all the paperwork again?
Thanks.

I just did my second renewal yesterday. It's so simple even a caveman can do it. It's all initially done online, but you still have to bring all the originals to DGM in SD.

No medical for a temporary renewal and it can all be done in one day including getting your cedula if you pay 1000 pesos for VIP. Here's the link - you have to create a user ID and password:

https://personal.migracion.gob.do/Account/Login?returnUrl=/My

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
For temporary renewals, there is very little benefit in depositing your documents at a local DGM sub-station. The only step you'll save at DGM in SD is going to the payment window, otherwise, the wait time will be the same. The local station does submit your documents for you, so you do also save the time of uploading them online at home - for whatever that may be worth(?).

For those renewing permanents, you can do the medical at a local DGM and save an extra trip to SD.