$13 Million in a boat intercepted in PR from DR

JasonD

Bronze
Feb 10, 2018
SAN JUAN.- The Office of Customs and Border Protection (CBP, for its acronym in English) and the US Coast Guard. intercepted in the south of Puerto Rico a boat coming from the Dominican Republic with 1,084 pounds (491.5 kilos) of cocaine, valued at 12.8 million dollars, and 19 pounds (9 kilos) of heroin, valued at 540,000 dollars.

The boat was crewed by a Puerto Rican and a Dominican, who were arrested and transferred along with the smuggling Heriberto Hernandez to be transported to the San Juan Sector of the Coast Guard, where special agents of the Financial Research Team of the Federal Administration for Control of Drugs took charge of the case.

http://almomento.net/puerto-rico-ocupan-alijo-us13-millones-en-bote-procedente-de-rd/

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
SAN JUAN.- The Office of Customs and Border Protection (CBP, for its acronym in English) and the US Coast Guard. intercepted in the south of Puerto Rico a boat coming from the Dominican Republic with 1,084 pounds (491.5 kilos) of cocaine, valued at 12.8 million dollars, and 19 pounds (9 kilos) of heroin, valued at 540,000 dollars.

The boat was crewed by a Puerto Rican and a Dominican, who were arrested and transferred along with the smuggling Heriberto Hernandez to be transported to the San Juan Sector of the Coast Guard, where special agents of the Financial Research Team of the Federal Administration for Control of Drugs took charge of the case.

http://almomento.net/puerto-rico-ocupan-alijo-us13-millones-en-bote-procedente-de-rd/

Jason,

I edited the title of your thread

TO : $13 Million in a boat intercepted in PR from DR

I think it makes things a bit more clearer. Hope you are cool with that.

thanks for sharing.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Jason must be a Puerto Rican. They like to stick "s" on the end of things said in plural.

Ex:

Underwears (can I wear two?)
Mines (Those are mines)
Thanks God (more than one thanks I guess)
Millons

JasonD

Bronze
Feb 10, 2018
Jason must be a Puerto Rican. They like to stick "s" on the end of things said in plural.

Ex:

Underwears (can I wear two?)
Mines (Those are mines)
Thanks God (more than one thanks I guess)
Millons

Thanks for the explanation. If you want me to be Puerto Rican then I could be?

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
There goes that summer party I was planning - well I'll just order more rum..............

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
Thanks for the explanation. If you want me to be Puerto Rican then I could be?

I have to admit that when i first read the title I thought you were saying 13 million Dominicans on a boat. I have seen how many people can fit on a concho but no way that many on a boat. :)

JasonD

Bronze
Feb 10, 2018
I have to admit that when i first read the title I thought you were saying 13 million Dominicans on a boat. I have seen how many people can fit on a concho but no way that many on a boat. :)

You would be surprised. Man, those guys deep in the campos of Higuey build jumbos for boats.

GringoRubio

Bronze
Oct 15, 2015
I'm sure that is a very small fraction of the stream of drugs flowing to Puerto Rico and Miami.

On my very first trip to the DR, I was approached by a enterprising young man thinking that I was a gringo ready to open an eddy in the rio blanco flowing to the states. I was offered a kilo to get me started.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I'm sure that is a very small fraction of the stream of drugs flowing to Puerto Rico and Miami.

On my very first trip to the DR, I was approached by a enterprising young man thinking that I was a gringo ready to open an eddy in the rio blanco flowing to the states. I was offered a kilo to get me started.

I've turned down the same offer a few times.