Sto Domingo: Best Place to Exchange USD to Euro?

jamesrrdaniel

Apr 15, 2018
Hello DR1,

I did a search here to no avail. I'm off to Cuba next month and looking to exchange my US dollars to Euro before I go.

I went to Caribe Express today and they do not do that; only to Dominican pesos. They told me to go to the bank downstairs. But the downstair bank's exchange rate was terrible.

Any recommendations on where I can exchange my USD to Euro without getting ripped off too hard?

Thank you all in advance!

Peterj

Bronze
Oct 7, 2002
Dominican Republic
Hello DR1,

I did a search here to no avail. I'm off to Cuba next month and looking to exchange my US dollars to Euro before I go.

I went to Caribe Express today and they do not do that; only to Dominican pesos. They told me to go to the bank downstairs. But the downstair bank's exchange rate was terrible.

Any recommendations on where I can exchange my USD to Euro without getting ripped off too hard?

Can't do that directly.
First you have to buy Dominican Pesos with your US Dollars with which you can buy Euros.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Either combo used, there will be more than one exchange taking place.

Not necessarily, OP just needs to find a business owner that is long EUR, not impossible to trade EURUSD.

You seem to know a little about a lot tonight.

JasonD

Bronze
Feb 10, 2018
Not necessarily, OP just needs to find a business owner that is long EUR, not impossible to trade EURUSD.

You seem to know a little about a lot tonight.

I can always buy a bridge from someone too, everything is possible under the sky however; in order to do this from an official exchange organization, more than one play will have to take effect.

Slow down on the hating portion, its rather bad for the health and happiness overall.

My statement prevails. No further reply needed as I am not into girls fights.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Hello DR1,

Why do you want Euros in Cuba? Don't quite know where you are going with this? Enlighten me.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
any money changer - as Tambo said - who has Euros will swap.

I have done it for UK Pounds but not Euros.

He will even call around to hunt up those Euros.... mine did for me.

jamesrrdaniel

Apr 15, 2018
any money changer - as Tambo said - who has Euros will swap.

I have done it for UK Pounds but not Euros.

He will even call around to hunt up those Euros.... mine did for me.

Hi William Webster, is there a money changer you frequent? I assume he/she is reliable and has good rates?

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Hello DR1,

Where are you located in DR?

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
I didn't notice where you are at. There is a guy in Bavaro that will change anything at a reasonable rate.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Does not matter if you exchange Euro or Dollars in Cuba. You will get clipped either way. Not really a lot to worry about.