Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Dominican Immigration has extended the stay for tourist

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    As the poster on FB suggested, you could call the DR consulate in your home country if you doubt what they said.

Myself, I have already read the document from Migracion on overstayers.
    For me, it doesn't make any difference if it is true or not. However, there are a lot of posters here that I'm sure are interested and will be calling. We should know soon enough if it is true or not.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

As the poster on FB suggested, you could call the DR consulate in your home country if you doubt what they said.

Myself, I have already read the document from Migracion on overstayers.
    And when someone in the DR gubment decides to jam you up simply tell them, but I talked to my local consulate in the US!

Let me know how that works out

3. Likes cavok liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cavok View Post
    For me, it doesn't make any difference if it is true or not. However, there are a lot of posters here that I'm sure are interested and will be calling. We should know soon enough if it is true or not.
    Unfortunately I am not going to be one of them. In Bermuda we do not have a DR consultant to call, despite having several dozen Dominicans living and working here. Which begs the question, what are my or anyone else's option when your home country doesn't have a DR consulate office?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BermudaRum View Post
    Unfortunately I am not going to be one of them. In Bermuda we do not have a DR consultant to call, despite having several dozen Dominicans living and working here. Which begs the question, what are my or anyone else's option when your home country doesn't have a DR consulate office?
    I think in your case the only option is to call DGM here in the DR. If they don't know anything about this, you'll know it is just someone's idea on FB of a good practical joke.

6. Likes BermudaRum liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Whoops! My bad.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Response from DR Embassy in Ottawa Canada

Quote Originally Posted by cavok View Post
    This was posted on FB Everything Sosua by someone who contacted the DR consulate in Ottawa:

This is the response I got from the Dominican Embassy in Ottawa: Thank you for your email.

We are sorry for the confusion. Our Ambassador is looking to protect the snowbirds, therefore, we are making a list of people that wants to go to our country for more than 60 days, so please send us both your complete names, passport numbers, dates of traveling, port of entry and a phone number.

We really appreciate your tourism and we want you to relax, have fun and enjoy your stay in our lovely country.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards,

130 Albert St., Suite 1605
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada K1P 5G4
    Phone: 613 569 9893 ext 232
    Fax: 613 569 8673

9. Likes drstock, snowqueen liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ljmesg View Post
    And when someone in the DR gubment decides to jam you up simply tell them, but I talked to my local consulate in the US!

Let me know how that works out
    Sounds like just another "work around" is happening. See the above post on the email being received by those who do contact the DR embassy in Canada. Pass a new law and make a snowbird visa policy rather than taking names....

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

With apologies to Virginia O'Hanlon and Francis Pharcellus Church.....
    "Dear Editor—
    I am 58 years old. Some of my little friends say there is no Snowbird Visa offered by Dominican Immigration in order to legally stay longer than 30 days. Papa says, "If you see it on Facebook, it's so." Please tell me the truth, is there a Snowbird Visa offered by Dominican Immigration that allows me to stay longer than 30 days, so as that I am not looked upon as a common illegal immigrant like those Haitians and Venezuelans?"
    Yes, this is what our world has become in 2018.

12. Likes Riva_31 liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like just another "work around" is happening. See the above post on the email being received by those who do contact the DR embassy in Canada. Pass a new law and make a snowbird visa policy rather than taking names....
    Thanks for passing on the info. I am passing it in to my snowbird friends for them to do with as they will!

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

We have long considered the Snowbirds to be 'safe' - as in won't be subject to pursuit.

AnnaC will be thrilled... and on the Embassy doorstep !!!

The gov't isn't looking to kick these people out....
    but squatters & vagrants are another story

15. Likes snowqueen liked this post
Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast