Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051

Thread: Dominican Immigration has extended the stay for tourist

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I see we are still in lala land with this thread...

Post Thanks / Like

From New York and overstayed by 4 months. Came right back in with no problem so I don’t know what this is all about. All I did was pay the exit penalty when I flew out which was about $5000 pesos. My kid also paid $5000RD so $200 USD between us both.

3. Likes AnnaC liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jtom343 View Post
    From New York and overstayed by 4 months. Came right back in with no problem so I don’t know what this is all about. All I did was pay the exit penalty when I flew out which was about $5000 pesos. My kid also paid $5000RD so $200 USD between us both.
    It has been said several times so far that if you overstay more than 30 days on a Tourist Card, you are illegal. Migración has said that if people consistently overstay they may be denied entry and there are stories of some people who have been denied entry. The fact that in your case you were not denied entry does not mean that the immigration policy does not exist. Some people will get away with overstaying hundreds of times, others may overstay just once and be refused entry. As overstaying is illegal - even though they allow you to pay an exit fine - you will always run the risk of being refused entry when you return.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I was speeding the other between Cabarete and Sosua --- no ticket.

Go any speed you want to.... no tickets ... no fines .. no laws.

Oh -- I was drinking at the time...
    no problem...
    No seatbelt either....

All is good --- until it isn't

Foolish to pretend laws don't exist....
    they do
    Enforcement is another issue

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by william webster View Post
    I was speeding the other between Cabarete and Sosua --- no ticket.

Go any speed you want to.... no tickets ... no fines .. no laws.

Oh -- I was drinking at the time...
    no problem...
    No seatbelt either....

All is good --- until it isn't

Foolish to pretend laws don't exist....
    they do
    Enforcement is another issue
    Exactly my point. There are laws in DR, many are not enforced but times are changing so if you are breaking the law it's hard to know where you stand.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

And you should go and get a life instead of posting in this thread....

DR says clearly (from all sources known to tourists and visitors, and from their action on entry and exit) you CAN stay more than 30 days if you wish, and on exit you pay a FEE (not a fine) according to how long you stayed. No mention of it being illegal by anyone to visitors who stay longer at any time.

You also no longer even told about that 30 days, because on entry they removed the issuance of tourist card (added to the airline ticket like a tax !) - you would have thought if DR wanted to tighten this they would in fact stamp a 30 days on your passport...., no !? (rather than even removing the tourist card issuance). There are so many ways they can communicate this being illegal to visitors, but nothing, zip so far. Ah, and non official and facebook posts do not count...People even posting rubbish about other visa issues as relevant to tourist 30 days in here, what a mess.

So until they say "You are not allowed to stay more than 30 days and it will be illegal - like all other countries that have this regulation, otherwise you will be fined and/or jailed and/or blacklisted for re-entry" from ALL sources known to visitors, people, please ignore these time wasters who post this stuff on here and carry on as before until the proper announcement come.

Of course, if and when DR gov comes up with this claimed illegal regulation, we will follow that to the letter, but until then we follow their current rules and regulations, come, stay as long as you like, pay on exit - I know it is really, really hard to swallow this for some people, tough life guys ...!!! lol

Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051