Page 69 of 73 FirstFirst ... 19596768697071 ... LastLast

Thread: Dominican Immigration has extended the stay for tourist

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I know people that have had their fingerprints taken, overstayed many months and returned with no problems.

2. Likes Caonabo, Garyexpat, Uzin liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Riva_31 View Post
    I will be waitting what happend next year when he comeback with 10 months overstayed and his fingerspirnt captured now. Note that he said the fingerprint captured was the diference arriving now.
    What does fingerprints have to do with overstaying computer already brings up your profile when scanned in and outs of country ..nothing they have info already!all they are doing now is merging your fingerprints with passport Riva...

4. Likes bob saunders, Caonabo, Garyexpat liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lifeisgreat View Post
    What does fingerprints have to do with overstaying computer already brings up your profile when scanned in and outs of country ..nothing they have info already!all they are doing now is merging your fingerprints with passport Riva...
    Nothing I suppose. Nor is anything else going to change according to some.

I understand the reason for finger print scanning is that in the future your fingerprints will be used as your ID to get you through customs and immigration more quickly by only using your fingerprints.

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel...-a7813271.html

https://www.tsa.gov/news/releases/20...int-technology

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lifeisgreat View Post
    I have been in and out of the country about 6-7 times in the last year and half. I have had my fingerprints recorded three times.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by william webster View Post
    Gary
    The answer to the question is the whole reason for this thread
    And nobody knows an answer but many are convinced that something is afoot

All murky and nebulous at best
    Sparked by those with financial ties to said topic, and spread by that notorious source of all reliable news....Facebook.

8. Likes Garyexpat liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Riva_31 View Post
    I will be waitting what happend next year when he comeback with 10 months overstayed and his fingerspirnt captured now. Note that he said the fingerprint captured was the diference arriving now.
    You seem to travel abroad frequently as I do. Are you aware how long the fingerprint technology has been functioning in SDQ? This is not in place for tourists who stay until day 35 or 60. Please tell me you do recognize this reality.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Caonabo View Post
    Sparked by those with financial ties to said topic, and spread by that notorious source of all reliable news....Facebook.
    Facebook? Add to that all the other social neworking sites and probably another 5-6 Dominican expat web forums. I've even seen warnings on Trip Advisor!

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Fake News.....

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cavok View Post
    Facebook? Add to that all the other social neworking sites and probably another 5-6 Dominican expat web forums. I've even seen warnings on Trip Advisor!
    It would be amazing if these people were more significant in their home countries. Maybe they would not have left for RD.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

There have been more posters banned from this webforum, than have been denied entry to RD for previously overstaying a 30 day tourist card. Use this sole thread as an example.

14. Likes Garyexpat liked this post
Page 69 of 73 FirstFirst ... 19596768697071 ... LastLast