Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best beaches for children

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ljmesg View Post
    But overall not the best experience imho.

Indeed....Diamante can be a little bit 'local' shall we say. But then, it depends what you're into.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

To me... Caleton is way more local...

During the week, Diamonte is EMPTY ...

nice place for a family looking for quiet

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Playa Ensenada is great for young kids.  About a two hour drive from Cabarete towards Punta Rucia.

The water is shallow, in fact it's around knee height for a good couple of hundred meters out.  Plenty of shady trees and lots of restaurants serving right on the beach.  Like most popular beaches here, don't go on Sundays.

4. Likes malko liked this post
    Dislikes Adrian disliked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by william webster View Post
    To me... Caleton is way more local...

During the week, Diamonte is EMPTY ...

nice place for a family looking for quiet

Yeah, I guess I must have been there at weekends as it was a little busy for me

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Everyone, thank you for the input so far.

Here'a bit more info.

1. The kids are 6 and 8 but have completed the 3 levels of swimming proficiency and are good swimmers. Still I'd like the waters kneedeep

2. We've been going to Caleton for more than 10 years now, same with Rogelio, Ensenada (thanks Hillbilly) and Diamante. So I was looking for a change of pace so to speak. A lot of family come to those beaches (except Punta Rusia) so it's not going to be quiet for us

3. Diamante is very nice but very quiet... last time we were there during the week (summer of 2016) it was a few cows, some stray dogs and my family... it is indeed perfect on other fronts

4. Las Terrenas is also very nice. I'm leaning towards revisiting there. An appartment on the waterfront, French croissants and coffee in the morning... yes it does remind me a bit of the Riviera.. However, if my memory serves me right the water is not very shallow (same as El Rincon a bit further down the peninsula).

5. Does anyone know if the small two hut hotel on the beach Las Piratas between Caleton and Rio San Juan is still in operation? I believe the original owner was killed in a car crash about two/three years ago..

6. Punta Rusia is out since we had to put the owner of the Ecolodge in jail in POP when he loaned my 4x4 without my approval to pick up his sister in Santiago and wrecked it and never paid the damages... he got the surpise of a lifetime when the DA put him away after we arrived in POP and he found out that blood runs thicker than water.. too bad really since we enjoyed the lodge..

I guess I am just looking for some relaxing time away from where everybody knows us..

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe check out Cadaques in Dominicus (next to Bayahibe). We stayed there and loved it, I have the # of an owner of a two bedroom apartment there.  Beach is nice, several pools, including one with water slides.   You won’t regret it

https://en.wearebayahibe.com/

In addition to the place we stayed, there are many on Airbnb 

Super Moderator
    DR1.com

8. Likes MerengueDutchie liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    Maybe check out Cadaques in Dominicus (next to Bayahibe). We stayed there and loved it, I have the # of an owner of a two bedroom apartment there.  Beach is nice, several pools, including one with water slides.   You won’t regret it

https://en.wearebayahibe.com/

In addition to the place we stayed, there are many on Airbnb 
    Thank you.

Exactly the kind of thing we are looking for. Unfortunately booked solid

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Dutchie

Yes, Los Pirates is open ... wendy is the manger.

Paraiso... is the name now....google it
    Cdn owner... very friendly service

11. Likes MerengueDutchie liked this post
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MerengueDutchie View Post
    Thank you.

Exactly the kind of thing we are looking for. Unfortunately booked solid

Maybe not.  I’ll send you the name and number of the guy we know who has at least two places there, you’d want the two bedroom apartment. 

Super Moderator
    DR1.com

13. Likes MerengueDutchie liked this post
    On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MerengueDutchie View Post
    Everyone, thank you for the input so far.

Here'a bit more info.

4. Las Terrenas is also very nice. I'm leaning towards revisiting there. An appartment on the waterfront, French croissants and coffee in the morning... yes it does remind me a bit of the Riviera.. However, if my memory serves me right the water is not very shallow (same as El Rincon a bit further down the peninsula).

I guess I am just looking for some relaxing time away from where everybody knows us..

http://www.aic-dominican-real-estate...partments.html

Give Jacques a call and ask him they have availability at Bonita Village which is at the far end of Playa Las Ballenas where the water is protected from wave action and gently sloping and the beach is wide.

The opening photograph on their website for rentals apartments is Bonita Village pool. Stayed there.

15. Likes CRL2017, MerengueDutchie liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12